PDA

View Full Version : Ottrott air bubbles or laquer defect ?

rcscott
05-16-2005, 07:53 AM
I have owned my Ottrott for about 3 years now. And after 6 months of ownership I noticed small grey round speckles under the surface which were only noticble at first in sunlight. Now these marks are very noticable and in some areas they are quite bad, mainly on the rear stays. I can only presume this is down to the rear stays flexing more than the rest of the bike which is possibly what is causing this. Has anybody else noticed similar marks/bubbles ? on their bikes ? Is this a common occurence or should I be returning my frame for repair/replacement ?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Russ

Sandy
05-16-2005, 09:21 AM
I would immediately take your bike to your lbs and let them examine it and have them (or you) contact Serotta. I am sure that Serotta would want to know about your concerns. I would think that Serotta would want to look at the bike.

Sandy

rcscott
05-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Okay Sandy, thanks for the reply, I'll take it down there on Saturday to see what they have to say on the matter.

Blastinbob
05-16-2005, 03:12 PM
DocRocket's ottrott has them all over too !

rcscott
05-17-2005, 01:47 AM
Do you know if he has taken the issue up with Serotta regarding them ?

Blastinbob
05-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Do you know if he has taken the issue up with Serotta regarding them ?
He bought it second hand and isn't concerned about the bubbles.

Kevin
05-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Call Serotta and describe the situation. If it needs to be returned, or to have the LBS look at, they will tell you.

Kevin

zap
05-17-2005, 03:58 PM
Nothing close to an Ottrott, but my old Trek 2500 frame had little bubbles under the clear coat on the carbon tubes near some of the lugs. Happened within a year of ownership. Fellow I sold it too still rides it so it hasn't hurt.

But as Kevin and Steely Slowly Sarbon Sandy stated, call Serotta and/or your LBS.