PDA

View Full Version : Cheeseheads unite!

dogdriver
01-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Knock wood, I was hoping for a 14-14 tie going into the half.

But 28-14? Oh me, oh my...

Can the birds figure out a way to stop the Green Machine?

Can the Pack control the Falcon special teams?

The Cheese Head, the Cheese Cosy, and the Packer gloves are all in use.

Hoping against all hope for a Packer-Bears NFC championship...

rdparadise
01-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Packers are indeed looking really good right now. Bad decision by Matty Ice to throw that pick for an opposing 7 just before the half.

Pack-Bears Championship game would definitely be very interesting. I figured whoever won the GB-Philly game that the winner would have a great chance of going to the bowl. Now we'll see.

BTW, Just reported locally that McDermott (Eagles Def Co.) just fired by Eagles. We here in Philly needed that, the defense disappeared in the Red Zone this year. Injuries or not, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Bob

dogdriver
01-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Oooo... could it be the Packers-Bears midwest dream game, or will the Coffee People ruin the party?

Rada
01-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Go Pack Go!

Louis
01-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Thread drift:

Wasn't it Gary Larson who said "Dyslexics of the world, untie !!!" ?

saab2000
01-16-2011, 05:25 AM
Starting to look like they might be able to put the Falcons away.

Frankwurst
01-16-2011, 08:36 AM
My liver and Atlanta both took a pounding last night. :beer:

eddief
01-16-2011, 09:39 AM
I watched most of that game yesterday and had not ever acknowledged Aaron Rogers; even though he did great things at Berkeley. I was so impressed with his athleticism at being able to escape the blitz. Sorta like the play calling was done knowing the blitz was coming, he could see it out of his peripheral vision, and either threw it or ran it to skillfully avoid being sacked. A nearly perfect cheese-oriented performance. A blowout, shall we say.

Ray
01-16-2011, 10:22 AM
I never really believed Atlanta was as good as their record. Jeez, the Iggles kilt 'em early before they even got good, and they never got that good, as noted above about the defense, etc. The Packers look very strong (and Rodgers is really showing his stuff, which I never realized was quite THIS good), but they haven't faced a good D in the playoffs yet. If Chicago wins today (which I fully expect), it should be a brutal game - hopefully cold and snowing! Yeah, the pack won on the last day of the season when they HAD to and Chicago didn't have anything to play for (except to perhaps knock them Pack out then and there). I don't think that game means ANYthing about what could happen next week. Then again Chicago doesn't have much of an offense...

-Ray

saab2000
01-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Yeah, the pack won on the last day of the season when they HAD to and Chicago didn't have anything to play for (except to perhaps knock them Pack out then and there). I don't think that game means ANYthing about what could happen next week.

This is exactly what the analysts all said - the Bears only played to try to knock the Packers out of the playoffs. Assuming the Bears win (no gimmes in the NFL) it'll be a tough-as-hell game. What happened in the past does not matter. The season starts anew with the playoffs. The Packers played very well yesterday but in Chicago in January is a lot different than inside in Atlanta.

I agree that I never believed Atlanta to be as good as their record would indicate. And yesterday showed that.

The addition of even a small bit of a running game has transformed the Packers. The defense is tough and stops drives in their tracks. And having a running back who can occasionally pick up 5 or 8 yards is going to extend drives.

It's gonna be a game for the ages if the NFC Championship game is held in Chicago next week!

azrider
01-16-2011, 12:33 PM
boo Packers...........GO BEARS

A1CKot
01-16-2011, 03:34 PM
2nd this.

Should be a good game! (only if the Bears win :))

rugbysecondrow
01-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Bear Down!

dogdriver
01-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Gonna be a long week around the house-- wife from Madison, WI; I'm from Illinois. The cheesehead is displayed prominently on top of the TV... Either way, the "flyover" will have someone to root for in the big game.

"The sports team from my local geographic region is superior to the sports team from your local geographic region!"

thwart
01-23-2011, 05:37 PM
And so it goes.

Pack dumps Bears... hard to stop their momentum.

Will it carry through into the Super Bowl?

dogdriver
01-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Embrace The Cheese!

thwart
02-06-2011, 11:30 PM
What a game. Neither team played terribly well, but the quality of the opponent probably had something to do with that.

The Pack seemed to answer the Steelers momentum swings throughout the game. But those d*mn Steelers just kept coming back... !

In spite of losing 2 more starters (now 8 since the beginning of the season), the Green & Gold somehow pulled it off.

Go Pack go! :banana:

gone
02-07-2011, 01:48 AM
I'm not a football fan (and didn't watch the game) but I bet there wasn't an empty bar in Wisconsin tonight. I sure wouldn't want to be on the roads now - it's coming up on 2 AM and everyone is getting ready to head home.

rwsaunders
02-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Good game to win and tough game to lose...the Pack took it home. Was it me or did it seem like a lot of players were slipping on the turf? I think I counted 2-3 players leaving the field as a result of the slips.

William
02-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Good game.

When Woodson got up and started walking with one shoulder drooping down I said to Mrs William, "Ouch! Broken collar bone." They showed him a couple of times on the side lines afterward cheering...and then wincing.

William

Ray
02-07-2011, 07:18 AM
Congratulations to the Packers. I didn't think they'd beat Pittsburg - the Steelers are generally just too nasty to lose and Big Ben, for all of his abundant faults, is generally a great crunch time player. I was really glad to see the Packers make the big plays when they had to last night. They deserved it - with a few less dropped passes it could have been a near blowout (kind of what happened against the Eagles too - that game was much closer than it should have been). But for all of that, I just kept thinking the Steelers were gonna find a way to get it done.

I'm glad they didn't. I didn't want to see any more 'redemption' crap about Ben - he missed a lot of plays and they lost. And even getting there was better than he deserved...

-Ray