01-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh my... :cool:

cp43
01-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Just got back from watching the game at the pub. Oh my indeed. :beer:

Chris

rugbysecondrow
01-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Go Steelers. I really dislike the Ravens and their fans.

wc1934
01-15-2011, 07:53 PM
counting my chickens before they hatch
Pats vs Steelers

Dekonick
01-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Go Steelers. I really dislike the Ravens and their fans.

My 5 year old son cried when the Steelers scored first. Real tears. Like you, I am not a Ravens fan, but it is hard to watch your son suffer. I have no idea how he became a Ravens fan... not from me for sure. His best friend is a die hard Redskins fan (6 year old...) and I am a Broncos fan (not much of a team left... :crap: )

It was a good game. At least both teams played hard. Did anyone notice if the cheerleaders on the Steeler side were worried? ;)

rugbysecondrow
01-15-2011, 08:22 PM
My 5 year old son cried when the Steelers scored first. Real tears. Like you, I am not a Ravens fan, but it is hard to watch your son suffer. I have no idea how he became a Ravens fan... not from me for sure. His best friend is a die hard Redskins fan (6 year old...) and I am a Broncos fan (not much of a team left... :crap: )

It was a good game. At least both teams played hard. Did anyone notice if the cheerleaders on the Steeler side were worried? ;)
I typically have a soft spot for kids, not here though. No crying in or about football. Time to buck up son.

that guy
01-15-2011, 08:36 PM
This got crazy here in Pittsburgh! So glad to be a part of it! :hello:

Steelers - Ravens games will always be insane. It's great. Glad we came out on top!!

that guy
01-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Did anyone notice if the cheerleaders on the Steeler side were worried? ;)

Only team in the league without.

It's waaaay too important for that.

rickbb
01-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Really good game!
Steelers v Pats may be a classic. But first...

indyrider
01-16-2011, 06:10 AM
I dont know what you all are talking about. You all must be drunk :beer:

Go 'hawks!

soulspinner
01-16-2011, 06:12 AM

Ahhh, a fellow Broncos sufferer. Our glory days of Tyrell and back 2 backs is so far behind us it hurts :crap:

dancinkozmo
01-16-2011, 06:22 AM
Ahhh, a fellow Broncos sufferer. Our glory days of Tyrell and back 2 backs is so far behind us it hurts :crap:

...yes but you have Teebow now !
that should more than make up for the fact that youre...

LOSERS !!!!!

:)

soulspinner
01-16-2011, 06:38 AM
...yes but you have Teebow now !
that should more than make up for the fact that youre...

LOSERS !!!!!

:)

Thats unecessary roughness and an automatic first down! :bike:

RABikes2
01-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Oh yeah, oh yeah ... GO STEELERS!! GO STEELERS!!
:beer: :banana: :beer: :banana:

97CSI
01-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Go Ravens!! What time's the game?

rugbysecondrow
01-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Go Ravens!! What time's the game?

September, 2011

Ray
01-16-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm no Raven's fan but I hate the Steelers these days (I dug 'em when they had Santonio and before I knew what a dick Big Ben was) - now they just seem like a bunch of thugs. Damn good ones for sure, but I don't like 'em. And I do like Flaco and Reed (although not Lewis - never liked Lewis). So anyway, I was really bummed to see the Ravens give that one away. I wouldn't say they had it won, but they should have. Two stupid stupid mistakes early in the second half put the Steelers back in it and, even then, the Ravens toughened up and got it back to even and I figured with the Pitt O-line all puking on the sideline, the Ravens should be able to put 'em away. And then they give Ben that friggin bomb on 3rd and forever!?!?!? Inexcusable. They choked. The Steelers deserve it only in the sense that the Ravens deserve it less. I don't like NE either, but at this point they're the only team standing in the AFC that I can even stomach, so GO PATS. I guess. At least Brady has the good sense to MARRY a supermodel rather than drunkenly attacking cocktail waitresses in the bathroom while his posse guards the door...

-Ray

RABikes2
01-16-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm no Raven's fan but I hate the Steelers these days (I dug 'em when they had Santonio and before I knew what a dick Big Ben was) - now they just seem like a bunch of thugs. At least Brady has the good sense to MARRY a supermodel rather than drunkenly attacking cocktail waitresses in the bathroom while his posse guards the door...
-Ray
Agree

Note:
Born and raised in a Steeler, Pirates, Penguins environment, so it comes natural. GO STEELERS (Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris ... ) ;)

"Big Ben" ... an embarrassment to Pittsburgh, the Rooney's, fans

rwsaunders
01-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Are the Jets coming to the 'Burgh?

rugbysecondrow
01-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Looks that way

97CSI
01-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Hopefully, the Jets are still 'peaking', but I fear they are done. Go NFC.

johnnymossville
01-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Go Steelers!

I'm glad Jan Brady is done.

Ray
01-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Man, did NOT see the Jets doing that to NE. Great game - made the other clunkers this weekend sort of worth sitting through. I'd have rather seen NE because I think they were more likely to beat the Steelers next week (for home field if nothing else), but it'd be tough to bet much against the Jets at this point. To be the best you gotta beat the best, and Indy and NE two weeks running is a hell of a start.

Not having a dog in this hunt at this point (the Iggles are my home team and the Seahawks used to be and the Colts were waaaaaaaaaaay before then, so now its all just for the pure spectating fun of it), I guess I'll become a Jets fan. The only strong preference is for Pittsburg NOT to win it all again. But I'd say any of the four teams have a very good shot. The Packers probably the least likely just because they don't have the defense the other 3 teams do. And good pitching beats good hitting most of the time. As it is with good D in the playoffs. Usually. Should be fun.

-Ray

johnnymossville
01-16-2011, 09:07 PM
I had a feeling about the Jets. They are a more well rounded team than the Pats, who I think had a very suspect defense. The strange thing was how out coached the Pats were tonight. The Jets had a game plan, stuck to it, and the Pats had a Game Plan that just stunk. Teams have bad weeks, and the last time they met it was the Jets that had one. This time the Pats looked really flat. Probably looking past the Jets. Again, Poor Coaching.

I've been a Steelers fan since I was knew what football was. probably since I was 2 so I'm not gonna change now.

I say go for Seven and don't look back. They are a great organization top to bottom.

ciclisto
01-16-2011, 09:21 PM
delkonic,, whip that boy into shape. A ravens fan or "Ratbirds" is character debilitating... I bet on Jets Now comes the Pain for the NYJ team..
Steelers all the way #7 for #7 big ass Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KeithS
01-16-2011, 09:55 PM
I got nothin. As a lifeling Minnesotan, the Viking has been nowhere this season. My two favorite teams have always been the Vikings and whoever was playing the Packer, but the Bears? My wife has a cousin who is an assistant coach with the Ravens, kinda fun watching Cousin Wade on TV, he was always on the coaches left when they showed the Ravens coach on the sidelines. It's his job. His season's over now too.

Good thing I'll have something to do on Superbowl Sunday. I make the quacamole, I'm also known for my pulled pork. A bunch of high school and then college friends get together on Superbowl weekend, it started when we were younger and we got together to watch the Vikings get beaten in the Superbowl but that was just 1973, 1974 and 1976. Whose counting, but for those of you who are, I was too young in 1969 to count that one.

Louis
01-16-2011, 09:56 PM
What in the world happened to the Patriots? Did their videographer call in sick this week?

That was one of those games where I disliked both teams.

GB/Chicago vs. Pittsburgh will be a good SB.

johnnymossville
01-16-2011, 10:02 PM
What in the world happened to the Patriots? Did their videographer call in sick this week?

That was one of those games where I disliked both teams.

GB/Chicago vs. Pittsburgh will be a good SB.

No way you can look past the Jets, they've been playing great football. I think Pittsburgh will bring a little more heat than the Patsies could muster though.

As far as GB/Chicago, is there anyone else even close to Rodgers playing right now? That guy's release is the fastest thing I've ever seen since Marino, and he's accurate!

Next weekend is gonna be a great round of football.

rice rocket
01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
No way you can look past the Jets, they've been playing great football. I think Pittsburgh will bring a little more heat than the Patsies could muster though.
Doubt it'll be enough.

I bet the Jets have been studying Pats film since they got creamed in December; they had a vendetta for them, and haven't looked at anything else. I doubt they've even turned on a Steelers game since.

William
01-17-2011, 04:10 AM
I was surprised the Pats went down...but the Jets just plain out played them. I wanted to see NE pull it out but early on I told my daughter that I'm ok with the Jets winning....at least until they pulled a bunch of that "In yo face" stuff near the end of the game. :rolleyes:

As an original PNW'er, i was hoping the Seahawks would do something but the Bears shut them down. Without a horse in the race, from here on out I'll just enjoy the ride. :beer:

William

sailorboy
01-17-2011, 05:13 AM
At least Brady has the good sense to MARRY a supermodel rather than drunkenly attacking cocktail waitresses in the bathroom while his posse guards the door...

-Ray

Aww c'mon, I would never defend BB, but Tommy ain't no saint either. Didn't he ditch his hot actress girlfriend while she was pregnant? That's low.

This was circulating around the web before the game:

A little boy walks into his class wearing a Steelers jersey. The teacher notices and asks him why he is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. The little boy responds, "Because my Mommy and Daddy are Steelers fans." The teacher responds,"Well thats not a good way to live your life. Now what if your dad was a drug dealer and your mom was a hooker?" The boy then replied, "Then I'd be a Ravens fan."

soulspinner
01-17-2011, 05:13 AM
I hope the Packers or Bears beat the AFC winner. The Roethlisberger thing turned me off and so did the Jets sideline incident purposefully injuring a player. Packers usually one of the least penalized teams and Rogers looks amazing right now...........got nuthin against luvvys Bears

rwsaunders
01-17-2011, 07:06 AM
C'mon Ray...loosen up...we all know that the NFL is essentially modern day gladiators living the thug life. I'll send you a Terrible Towel if that would help... :cool:

dancinkozmo
01-17-2011, 07:07 AM
...looking good for the pack to all the way .

Ray
01-17-2011, 08:53 AM
C'mon Ray...loosen up...we all know that the NFL is essentially modern day gladiators living the thug life. I'll send you a Terrible Towel if that would help... :cool:
I guess we pick our thugs. For some reason Big Ben's bad behavior bugs me more than a lot of other guys who've done stuff arguably just as bad. Don't ask me to justify it - I can't. Just a gut call like anything else important! :cool:

-Ray

1centaur
01-17-2011, 10:27 AM
I watched the Jets game on the trainer with my headphones plugged into an iPod, so I did not hear the commentators. What I saw was a couple of bumbling, inconsistent teams (I literally laughed out loud at the Jets a few times) doing things right from time to time. From what I have seen of the Jets, that's typical of their play - they have pulled out several "I can't believe they won after how they played" games this year. It was not typical of the Pats. There was a lethargic feel to the Pats that was completely against their nature of the last 2 months.

Sanchez really does miss a lot of passes he should make, and the Jets running game is not awesome. Its secondary is spotty. I don't think they will beat a consistently intense playoff team like Pittsburgh.

rwsaunders
01-17-2011, 12:51 PM
I guess we pick our thugs. For some reason Big Ben's bad behavior bugs me more than a lot of other guys who've done stuff arguably just as bad. Don't ask me to justify it - I can't. Just a gut call like anything else important! :cool:

-Ray

No problem Ray...I sure don't consider Ben a role model for my kids. I will say that the Rooney's run a tight ship; only three head coaches in the last 42 years; no cheerleaders; community service is demanded of the players; and they usually 8 ball the bad boys...Burress, Holmes, etc. Ben didn't join that crowd perhaps because nobody would trade for him during his suspension...who knows.

There is no question that the fan base clearly supports the local teams (Steelers, Penguins, Pirates and PITT), even Penn State :cool: , so during playoff time, whether it's football, hockey or basketball, it always stirs up a lot of emotion.

Visit town on any Friday during football season, which are officially designated as Black & Gold Fridays. School kids, business folks and the general public are fully uniformed and ready for the game. When you walk in that stadium and see the six Lombardi trophies displayed, it does stir some passion, and I don't even own a jersey!

I have an idea, why don't we cut a cross-state QB trade with Philly for that Vick fellow... :cool:

Ray
01-17-2011, 01:33 PM
I have an idea, why don't we cut a cross-state QB trade with Philly for that Vick fellow... :cool:
Yeah, well I was thinking of him when I wrote that initially. Not like I approve of it or even try to defend him, but for some reason Vick doesn't bother me as much as Ben, Kobe, even Favre to some extent (although at least I guess he just SHOWED them his junk). As much as I love dogs, I guess I put crimes against women in a higher noose.

All of 'em are great, all seemed to think they were above the law or what they were doing was somehow OK. But at least Vick did a couple of years in freakin' LEAVENWORTH (where's Johnny Cash to write a song when you need him?) instead of walking away with a small (for them) fine and, in Ben's case, a few weeks extra vacation.

But I get what you're saying about the tradition. I used to love the Steelers in the '70s too, probably mostly because I couldn't stand the Cowboys and the other teams they used to beat.

-Ray

William
01-17-2011, 01:49 PM

But I get what you're saying about the tradition. I used to love the Steelers in the '70s too, probably mostly because I couldn't stand the Cowboys and the other teams they used to beat.

-Ray

http://www.typophile.com/files/Lambert.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_chbnMGy0IXI/TJYR0Yh5IjI/AAAAAAAADM4/MQjqyBSdb60/s1600/terry-bradshaw-young.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/476/715/image_display_image.jpg?1288558412

http://static.steelers.com/mediacontent/2007/10/29/04/White_83706.jpg

http://espndeportes-assets.espn.go.com/2003/photos2010/0722/g_JoeGreene_576.jpg

Dekonick
01-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Only team in the league without.

It's waaaay too important for that.

Or is it because or rapersberger? ;)

Dekonick
01-17-2011, 08:12 PM
delkonic,, whip that boy into shape. A ravens fan or "Ratbirds" is character debilitating... I bet on Jets Now comes the Pain for the NYJ team..
Steelers all the way #7 for #7 big ass Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a tough little feller... how many boys do you know who love wrestling at his age? Already learning to neck bridge, and he is pretty good at escaping. Working on his shoot... wouldn't want to mess with him... ask his brother...

Just emotional for his birds... never got that from me for certain... Broncos fan forever... even with a senile owner who hires NE reject who can't recognize talent and trades 3 all pro players for mostly crap... Chicago can thank us...

:crap: :crap: :crap:

It is going to be a LONG road for Broncos fans... but at least we are loyal no matter what.

GO JETS!!!