PDA

View Full Version : Very cool tour of Bilenky Bikes . . .

BumbleBeeDave
01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/01/13/factory-tour-bilenky-cycle-works-custom-bicycles-repairs-and-fabrications/#more-26768

Any lady named Isis gets my vote! :D

BBD

thwart
01-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Talk about a laid back vibe... well, except for being there on Sunday... ;)

BumbleBeeDave
01-13-2011, 08:52 PM
. . . such beautiful bikes could come out of such a, uh, "casually maintained" facility!

BBD

Ray
01-13-2011, 09:10 PM
I've been there several times, what with being local and all. They've hacked a bike for me, I bought some stuff from 'em once, and they did a couple of small modifications on another S&S bike I had that needed slots cut in the cable guides (or I wanted slots cut in the cable guides and the original builder didn't like doing them that way). Its in a pretty beat up part of north Philly, at the end of a street that's more like an alley, and as funky as it looks in the pictures, its actually waaaaaay funkier. But in a good way. Some of the nicest folks I've run into. Laid back attitudes but they sure seem to work plenty hard. Had lots of stuff going on and plenty of eye candy every time I've been there.

-Ray

bigflax925
01-13-2011, 09:19 PM
. . . such beautiful bikes could come out of such a, uh, "casually maintained" facility!

BBD

My thought exactly! Only my thought was not as eloquently thunk...

weaponsgrade
01-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Thanks for posting. Kinda interesting that some of the employee bikes aren't Bilenkys.