View Full Version : Shameless pitch

oldpotatoe
01-13-2011, 11:44 AM
http://www.vecchios.com

One day early!!

Steve in SLO
01-13-2011, 11:48 AM
WOW!
Great looking shop and nicely done website.

AngryScientist
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
looks great. nicely done.

rice rocket
01-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Site looks much better than before.

97CSI
01-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Very nice. Looking forward to my next visit.

swithouski
01-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Really diggin the new website. I have not been in boulder since my days at CU. Now I have yet another excuse to visit...

AngryScientist
01-13-2011, 12:22 PM
i want to come just to get my hands on one of those RD bottles!

fourflys
01-13-2011, 12:25 PM
VERY nice Peter! Let me know if you need a manager in 13 years when I retire from the Coast Guard... :D

weisan
01-13-2011, 12:31 PM
old-pal, one feedback.

I think the picture of your storefront from the streetview on the old site is one of the most recognizable landmark to the local area. I was in Boulder once 4-5 years ago, a local pal took me by your shop but we never went in. The minute I saw that picture, I remembered it...whereas now on the new site, I won't necessarily make that connection even with the inside store picture. I mean I could, but it may take a while, say by looking at the map, though unlikely.

The point is: put back the storefront picture somewhere on the new site

leooooo
01-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Well done site! :beer:

Physical site is probably even better, wish I can visit!!

Pete Serotta
01-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Oldpotatoe is a valued contributor to the forum,as well as he has a wonderful shop and staff.

I recommend Peter and his crew highly

Serotta PETE

Frankwurst
01-13-2011, 12:59 PM
If your ever in the area you owe it to yourself to stop by and take a look. It's a fantastic shop. :beer:

shorelocal
01-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Very nice, clean looking site.

One comment ... perhaps you can slow down the picture transitions. I was trying to take in all the visual beauty, but the photos were switching too quickly. Your shop looks great!

LegendRider
01-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Very nice. I sure wish Atlanta had a shop like Vecchio's.

GuyGadois
01-13-2011, 01:07 PM
anyone with a link to Pabst Blue Ribbon on their site gains instant credibility. Nice work. :hello:

GG

phcollard
01-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Very nice looking minimalist site. Great job!

And that looks like an über cool bike shop. Me wants to go!

I would love so much a page with your inventory. No need for a shopping cart or anything fancy e-commerce but you are teasing me too much with that picture of Waterford bikes. I'd me more tempted to get in touch with you if I had an idea of what was in stock and prices.

fmbp
01-13-2011, 01:25 PM
very nice site.

I stopped in a few years ago to ogle the bikes when out in Colorado for a wedding. Picked up a pair of Vecchio's socks and they're still in the summer rotation.

Louis
01-13-2011, 01:31 PM
One comment ... perhaps you can slow down the picture transitions. I was trying to take in all the visual beauty, but the photos were switching too quickly. Your shop looks great!

I agree. Slow them down a bit.

rockdude
01-13-2011, 01:34 PM
old-pal, one feedback.

I think the picture of your storefront from the streetview on the old site is one of the most recognizable landmark to the local area. I was in Boulder once 4-5 years ago, a local pal took me by your shop but we never went in. The minute I saw that picture, I remembered it...whereas now on the new site, I won't necessarily make that connection even with the inside store picture. I mean I could, but it may take a while, say by looking at the map, though unlikely.

Our Pal Weisan may have a point. I love the look of your store front.

Nice job on the site. But I must ask, why all the grumpy looks on the profile page. re-take the pix late on a Friday afternoon after a few tasty Belgium's.

see ya soon...

Willy
01-13-2011, 01:38 PM
No Serotta?

Keith A
01-13-2011, 01:46 PM
No Serotta?I think this may be the one thing the store is missing :)

I also agree that the picture transitions need to be slower. But the website design is very clean.

Pete Serotta
01-13-2011, 01:50 PM
I think this may be the one thing the store is missing :)

I also agree that the picture transitions need to be slower. But the website design is very clean.

This saying alot.

Pete also thanks for all the support and contributions to the forum,

Not Serotta but I wish he was.

Pete 2nd. (me)

BumbleBeeDave
01-13-2011, 01:56 PM
He doesn't LOOK like an old potatoe! :beer: :rolleyes:

Cool looking store! . . .

BBD

texbike
01-13-2011, 02:01 PM
VERY cool! Congratulations on the new website. It looks great!

Texbike

fiamme red
01-13-2011, 02:02 PM

BBDI'm disappointed that he doesn't look like Dan Quayle. ;)

http://www.capitalcentury.com/quayle1.jpg

tuxbailey
01-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Very nice. I wish there is a cool bike shop like yours in my area.

Beeb
01-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Seriously. We've got a lot of great shops in NYC but nothing quite like that.

TeamSwami.com
01-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Very cool! Owning a shop is a dream of mine.

Fixed
01-13-2011, 07:01 PM
i am sorry but i hate most shops, where when you walk in the salesmen think your an up and want to t. o. you over to the managers
the new super bike store.
the family owned bike shop is part of american cycling history .they care about you and your bike ..big super store not so much imho
cheers

thegunner
01-13-2011, 07:05 PM
damn, i just checked the site yesterday... then reclicked today, and... :hello:

Smiley
01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
So where is the link where we can order swag with your shops name on it. If you went through all this trouble might as well try selling some soft good while your at it. Come on cyber business is not that bad :rolleyes:

beer_meister
01-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Nice update to the website Peter, with the exception that your ugly mug is a lot more prominent than on the old site.

When are you gonna jump into the mail order business, and post inventory, prices, and ordering procedures?

Sorry about the problems you had with the previous co-owner. Hope things go smoothly this time, (from one of your former rec.bicycles.technical usenet readers).

Best of luck to you.

Chris
01-13-2011, 07:23 PM
On the "Why" page, in the last line on the first paragraph, the word 'same' is missing the e.

Otherwise great site. I was in the shop last summer. Love it.

pbjbike
01-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Congrats, Peter! The storefront with the Nobilette deserves prominence, especially on the strip. Here's to another 20! :beer:

happycampyer
01-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Very nice site!

So where is the link where we can order swag with your shops name on it. If you went through all this trouble might as well try selling some soft good while your at it. Come on cyber business is not that bad :rolleyes:

This plug was buried in a classified a while back:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=869478&postcount=12

I have been meaning to place an order... hmmm, the link is broken, maybe OP will update it.

legacysti888
01-13-2011, 08:38 PM
When I do visit your neck of the woods, I will make it a point to drop in and say Hi!

Real nice site ya gots there!

I hope it's still a work in progress. There is so much potential waiting to explode....

Congrats! :beer:

Fixed
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
ACRAC annie hangs there imho
cheers

rockdude
01-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Congrats, Peter! The storefront with the Nobilette deserves prominence, especially on the strip. Here's to another 20! :beer:

Hey Peter, if you need another beautiful Nobilette to put in the window, I would love it to be mine.

Sexified Nobilette (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=81672&highlight=nobilette)

PETER REID
01-13-2011, 08:56 PM
:hello:

The next time I drive out west I'll have to put it on my list of places to visit...

peter

onekgguy
01-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Nice site but one thing I don't quite get is the split photo on the front page when you mouse-over it. It took me longer than it should have to figure out how that was supposed to work but maybe that just says something about me. Anyway, I agree with others who suggest slowing the photo roll down a little.

Nice photography.

Kevin g

oldpotatoe
01-14-2011, 08:04 AM
old-pal, one feedback.

First page, pictures scroll, second picture is the store front..3 second scroll.

The idea is a taste, to get you to visit, come in the door.

oldpotatoe
01-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Very nice looking minimalist site. Great job!

And that looks like an über cool bike shop. Me wants to go!

I would love so much a page with your inventory. No need for a shopping cart or anything fancy e-commerce but you are teasing me too much with that picture of Waterford bikes. I'd me more tempted to get in touch with you if I had an idea of what was in stock and prices.

Low inventory, the bikes pictured are demo bikes, one each model for Waterford, Gunnar and Moots. All the frames are made to order, we do a fit, order the frame, build the bike at Vecchio's. Design and build the wheels. no 'bikesouttaboxes' or 'wheelsouttaboxes' for us.

Since Waterford are pure custom, no 'inventory' since each frame is unique, size wise.

Prices-linked to each frame website.

oldpotatoe
01-14-2011, 08:08 AM
No Serotta?

Nope, nope...that's another story. Ask Serotta Pete.

oldpotatoe
01-14-2011, 08:10 AM
Very cool! Owning a shop is a dream of mine.

Bring your sense of humor and partners are for dancing....

oldpotatoe
01-14-2011, 08:12 AM

3 employees and even now we are busy. In the spring/summer so busy our eyes bleed. If you would like something...

http://www.telephoneart.com/clipart

Or email.

oldpotatoe
01-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Nice update to the website Peter, with the exception that your ugly mug is a lot more prominent than on the old site.

When are you gonna jump into the mail order business, and post inventory, prices, and ordering procedures?

Sorry about the problems you had with the previous co-owner. Hope things go smoothly this time, (from one of your former rec.bicycles.technical usenet readers).

Best of luck to you.

Not in my ownership. We are a 'Local' bike shop. Come in for us to help you.

phcollard
01-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Low inventory, the bikes pictured are demo bikes, one each model for Waterford, Gunnar and Moots. All the frames are made to order, we do a fit, order the frame, build the bike at Vecchio's. Design and build the wheels. no 'bikesouttaboxes' or 'wheelsouttaboxes' for us.

Since Waterford are pure custom, no 'inventory' since each frame is unique, size wise.

Prices-linked to each frame website.

Cool. Now I understand. Some have already told you this but the slideshow is too fast and that would be nice to actually be able to stop the automatic scrolling. I want to see all those beautiful pics of your shop!

That being said I would be delighted to have a shop like yours in Montreal. You must be a very happy old potatoe and I'm happy for you :)

weisan
01-14-2011, 08:27 AM
First page, pictures scroll, second picture is the store front..3 second scroll.

The idea is a taste, to get you to visit, come in the door.
Ah, I see. I would swap the storefront (street-level) with the inside picture as the starting landing page/picture. That's just me, seems more in line with real-life human experience but I can see where you are going with that.

Keep up the good work, continue to live your dreams.

97CSI
01-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Some have ask about "Vecchio" softgoods. Here is a wind vest I picked up in '07. Can get pretty chilly coming down the backside of those mountains at 10K+ feet and this sure beats a newspaper. Am sure Peter will update his website when he has an opportunity.

mnoble485
01-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Peter,
My boss wanted me to thank you for wasting even more of my time on "bike stuff". The new site is great.

Mike

Wilkinson4
01-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Peter's shop is top notch and would be the only reason for ME to live in Boulder but alas I am 90 miles to the south. Peter, my first real bike was a Ciocc too:) Bought at the Spoke when Dong said, "This is the bike for you bod".

The site looks great!

mIKE in Castle Rock 'm4campy'

oldpotatoe
01-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Some have ask about "Vecchio" softgoods. Here is a wind vest I picked up in '07. Can get pretty chilly coming down the backside of those mountains at 10K+ feet and this sure beats a newspaper. Am sure Peter will update his website when he has an opportunity.

Gonna be on a flickr feed soon...

Ralph
01-14-2011, 09:18 AM
On my next Colorado trip, I hope to get by there and get a Jersey and water bottle.

veggieburger
01-14-2011, 09:50 AM
That guy with the moustache looks like a real grouch.

:)

oldpotatoe
01-14-2011, 09:52 AM
That guy with the moustache looks like a real grouch.

:)

good.....grrrrrrr

Dekonick
01-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Next time I am in Boulder I'll stop in and say hello. Might pick up some swag too!

MadRocketSci
01-14-2011, 11:43 AM
just curious, is the guy who used to wrench at Bicycle Odyssey in Sausalito still there? had a nice chat with him when I dropped by a couple years ago....

Pete Serotta
01-14-2011, 11:55 AM
:banana: :banana: I will buy some also. PETE

oldpotatoe
01-14-2011, 01:51 PM
just curious, is the guy who used to wrench at Bicycle Odyssey in Sausalito still there? had a nice chat with him when I dropped by a couple years ago....

See the PM about my former biz partner, who I fired, one year ago TODAY!!

pbjbike
01-14-2011, 02:14 PM

A page with your excellent soft goods, including the HTFU line, would do well, IMO. Click through to PayPal payment.

Happy Anniversary.

Bob Loblaw
01-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Great looking sit, OP! Looks like you're doing a lot of things right.

BL

Hawker
01-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Very nice. I sure wish Atlanta had a shop like Vecchio's.

Amen.

I visited last year and spent an inordinate amount of time wandering, looking and wishing. Did buy a shop water bottle and have every intention of visiting again some day.

roydyates
01-15-2011, 10:03 PM

BBD
So is Oldpotatoe the guy in the last website photo, working behind the mini-model?

If so, I think he's the second forumite (after veloduffer) that I've met. Or maybe it doesn't count when you meet a forumite without knowing you met one?

Visiting family In Boulder, I stopped by and enjoyed an hour of poking around. I only bought a water bottle but the staff treated me very kindly.

As for the website, the pictures captures the spirit but I couldn't figure how to pause the slideshow and look a little longer.

rePhil
01-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Liked the shop bought the t shirt. Ever think about upgrading the derailleur on the front to 11?
kidding of course.

Do you still post on the rec.bike.tech newsgroup?

oldpotatoe
01-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Liked the shop bought the t shirt. Ever think about upgrading the derailleur on the front to 11?
kidding of course.

Do you still post on the rec.bike.tech newsgroup?

no more on rec.bike.tech...too much abuse.

Pete Serotta
01-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Abuse on you here is not possible.......You provide lots of value to all of us here.

THANKS

PETE