PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

musgravecycles
05-15-2005, 11:06 AM
A while back I posted a query on the forum about wanting to test an Aliante saddle because I am getting ready to build a new frame and am still searching for the illusive ‘perfect’ saddle. Much to my surprise a member told me that I would be welcome to test his as soon as he got it back (he had loaned it to someone else for testing). Last Thursday I received an express mail package containing the saddle. I have managed to put about 170 miles on it since Thurs, and so far I must say WOW! This is the most comfortable saddle that I’ve ever sat on (includding several Brooks models before you ask). I am still playing with getting the tilt right where I want it, but I think that it's safe to say that my new frame will be wearing an Aliante.

Anyway I just wanted to publicly thank this member for his generosity.

And although e-RICHIE would approve, the new frame/saddle won’t be wearing this color…

coylifut
05-15-2005, 11:40 AM
nose up a bit.

BTW, cool bike. you must be a big dude, lots-o-draft.

Kevin
05-15-2005, 11:42 AM
I swear by the Alliante. I even have a couple of new ones sitting on the shelf in my basement in case they discontinue it.

Kevin

zap
05-15-2005, 02:33 PM
I agree, the aliante is really comfy. I better buy one or two more before they go.

Climb01742
05-15-2005, 02:36 PM
A while back I posted a query on the forum about wanting to test an Aliante saddle because I am getting ready to build a new frame and am still searching for the illusive ‘perfect’ saddle. Much to my surprise a member told me that I would be welcome to test his as soon as he got it back (he had loaned it to someone else for testing). Last Thursday I received an express mail package containing the saddle. I have managed to put about 170 miles on it since Thurs, and so far I must say WOW! This is the most comfortable saddle that I’ve ever sat on (includding several Brooks models before you ask). I am still playing with getting the tilt right where I want it, but I think that it's safe to say that my new frame will be wearing an Aliante.

Anyway I just wanted to publicly thank this member for his generosity.

And although e-RICHIE would approve, the new frame/saddle won’t be wearing this color…

had i known you were as big as you apparently are, i's have sent you the saddle even sooner. never have a big person mad at you. :beer:

ps: sweet bike.

1centaur
05-15-2005, 03:25 PM
I swear by the Alliante. I even have a couple of new ones sitting on the shelf in my basement in case they discontinue it.

Kevin

I read elsewhere that Fizik will be discontinuing the carbon-railed version - the implication is too many "big guys" were breaking them. That would be a shame for the non-big guys, and a worthy reason for such folk to stock a couple extra.

Of course, that source of info could be wrong.

Ray
05-15-2005, 03:58 PM
A while back I posted a query on the forum about wanting to test an Aliante saddle because I am getting ready to build a new frame and am still searching for the illusive ‘perfect’ saddle. <snip> I have managed to put about 170 miles on it since Thurs, and so far I must say WOW! This is the most comfortable saddle that I’ve ever sat on (includding several Brooks models before you ask). I am still playing with getting the tilt right where I want it, but I think that it's safe to say that my new frame will be wearing an Aliante.

I'm a long-time Brooks lover and also now prefer the Aliante on my road bikes (still a Brooks loyalist on touring, commuting, etc bikes). Awesome saddle, the Aliante. Seems like the carbon weave "shell" managed to do with modern materials and negligible weight what Brooks did with leather and boat anchors. FWIW, I tilt mine slightly nose up as well, but the rear portion is still tilted a little forward of level.

Sort of a drag if the carbon model goes away, but I have ti and carbon and can't perceive any difference. I've seen a couple of horribly mangled carbon versions at a nearby shop, but never had a problem with mine.

-Ray

musgravecycles
05-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Coy- I'm only 6'3", but all leg and arm. My saddle height is 86 and I've got a wingspan of basically 80"

Climb- No worries mate, I may be tall, but I'm a skinny cyclist and only weigh in at 170, so you've got nothing to worry about ;) I didn't want to call you out by name but thanks again for the 'demo'

My bikes got a stupid Michelin Pro Race on right now cause my Clement got slashed. The Michelin feels like lead in comparison.

pale scotsman
05-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Dude, what's the top tube length on that bad boy?

Kevin
05-15-2005, 06:27 PM
I read elsewhere that Fizik will be discontinuing the carbon-railed version - the implication is too many "big guys" were breaking them. That would be a shame for the non-big guys, and a worthy reason for such folk to stock a couple extra.

Of course, that source of info could be wrong.

I better order a couple of more.

Kevin

coylifut
05-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Coy- I'm only 6'3", but all leg and arm. My saddle height is 86 and I've got a wingspan of basically 80"

Climb- No worries mate, I may be tall, but I'm a skinny cyclist and only weigh in at 170, so you've got nothing to worry about ;) I didn't want to call you out by name but thanks again for the 'demo'

My bikes got a stupid Michelin Pro Race on right now cause my Clement got slashed. The Michelin feels like lead in comparison.

I did a century yesterday on a 25 lb bike with 450 gram tires. I was feeling it near the end.