PDA

View Full Version : Movie night!

akelman
01-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Chris (dogdriver) was kind enough to send me his copy of Riding Giants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADy8f6t4Ri8) , Stacey Peralta's (of Dogtown and Z-boys fame) documentary about big-wave surfing. When I asked if he wanted it back, he suggested that I see if anyone else is interested in seeing it. If someone is, please let me know and I'll put it in the mail to you. If not, you're missing out. It was pretty great: interesting interviews with great characters, thoughtful history, and some amazing footage. Anyway, let me know if you'd like to see it. You're responsible for your own popcorn.

cmg
01-11-2011, 08:57 PM
saw riding giants at a movie house, excellent flic. Watching "Billabong Odyssey" another big wave movie, going all over the world looking for big stuff.

oliver1850
01-11-2011, 09:22 PM
What's the 60s documentary? Endless Summer I think. Following the big waves, wherever they might be. Has aired on TCM in the past.

troymac
01-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Make it the Bag of Swag and pay it forward ,maybe you'll get a list of willing participants ... just a thought

gasman
01-12-2011, 05:38 PM
It's a wonderful film and i've tried surfing (poorly) twice in my life. Someone take him up on his great offer.

Another great surf movie is called Step Into Liquid. Big waves-great riders.

akelman
01-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Make it the Bag of Swag and pay it forward ,maybe you'll get a list of willing participants ... just a thought

This was my thought. But so far at least, nobody seems to want to see the film. Maybe people don't want to be taunted by beach culture when they're digging out from beneath another mountain of snow.

johnnymossville
01-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I recently watched the first 4 Planet of the Apes movies from the 70's with my kids. I hadn't seen them since I was a kid.

The ending of the first movie hit them the same way it did me back then. Oh, and they looked pretty good in wide screen. I saw them previously on tv only.

BryanE
01-12-2011, 06:13 PM
I'll PM you with my addy.
I loved The Endless Summer.
I will then post up and mail it to whoever wants it next.
Thanks
Bryan

akelman
01-12-2011, 06:33 PM
The movie will be heading out to BryanE tomorrow! Thanks, all.