PDA

View Full Version : Aerospoke Track wheel questions

Dave B
01-11-2011, 09:09 AM
I tried calling them directly and their phone was disconnected. Do their track wheels accept a freewheel allowing the rear to be run as a single speed instead of a fixed wheel?

Anyone know?

AngryScientist
01-11-2011, 09:16 AM
if it's intended to be used with a threaded cog, a freewheel will fit, they use the same threading.

Dave B
01-11-2011, 09:20 AM
awesome thanks!

William
01-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I have a road version that I run as a SS. I tried all kinds of things to run it fixed but it was a no go. I even let a couple of wheels guys try to mess with it. AS uses their own special hubs.

William

AngryScientist
01-11-2011, 09:23 AM
no problem, i dont know if you are familiar with threaded track hubs, but there will be an inner larger diameter thread, and an outer, slightly smaller diameter reverse thread, the outer is meant for the cog lockring. SS freewheel cogs will thread directly onto the inner larger thread, and the pedaling motion will keep it tight, there is no need for a lockring because you can not apply reversing force due to the freewheel.

good luck, let's see some pics when you have whatever you're building together.

Dave B
01-11-2011, 09:54 AM
no problem, i dont know if you are familiar with threaded track hubs, but there will be an inner larger diameter thread, and an outer, slightly smaller diameter reverse thread, the outer is meant for the cog lockring. SS freewheel cogs will thread directly onto the inner larger thread, and the pedaling motion will keep it tight, there is no need for a lockring because you can not apply reversing force due to the freewheel.

good luck, let's see some pics when you have whatever you're building together.

You bet!

I should have it together in a week or so. It will be my commuter when I get my stuff together. I am trying to bring hipster to Indiana. We have a long way to catch up cause we are all hicks. :cool: