54ny77
01-10-2011, 04:11 PM
meow.

Smiley
01-10-2011, 05:42 PM
good job to our own Bill R. aka SPOKES, cograts to a well balanced bike too

Fixed
01-10-2011, 05:53 PM
you know i have a friend who says there is no jazz worth listening to after 1960 . well ,there is plenty of new great jazz you - just have to have modern ears .. i was the same way no bikes after lugged steel stuff well i may be wrong.
i would be willing to bet the meivci
rides better than any bike i have ever thrown a leg over

modern art imho

cheers

dummy
01-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Look ma! See what the cat drug in! This shows the tint much better than the first photo.

Lucky Jack
01-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Sharp !

brownm68
01-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dummy
01-15-2011, 06:22 PM
I rode my MeiVici AE for the first time today and I want to give my impressions of it. However, before I do, let me give you a little background. I own 2 other Serottas (an 2006 Ottrott ST and one of the first Carbon/Ti HSG's). My Ottrott ST was built with an oversized chain stay to make it stiff for power transfer.

A little about myself, I'm a 48 year old Cat 3 amateaur racer that logs just over 11,000 miles of riding a year. I race about 16 races a year (not a lot). I race with Masters and often have a top 10 finish, and in this area, that's not too bad given the talent we have here in NC and SC.

My HSG has two main purposes - Criterium racing and as a backup bike to my Ottrott. It's a very stiff frame and I ride it for what it was intended for, crit racing. It's handling is superb, but for long distance riding, it's a bit harsh for me

My Ottrott has been my everyday bike and my road racing (non-crit) bike. It is stiff but smooth and doesn't beat me up on long rides. It's an amazing ride that I have enjoyed for the last 5 years. Power transfer is fantastic, cornering is great, climbing is very comfortable. It is a well balanced bike. On top of it all, it looks like the day I bought it, it's in great shape and doesn't show the miles that I've logged on it (just under 50k). I've been through 2 drive trains on it (just ask Spoke).

OK, so how did the MeiVici AE compare? Well, it weighs in at the same weight as my Ottrott, so for you weight weenies, it's not super light. And, that's good, because I don't want a disposable bike nor do I want a bike to be soft. I want a bike that will last, is comfortable for the long miles I put in, and has a great ride experience. And, the MeiVici AE fits that bill. It has the handling characteristics of the HSG but amazingly it rides just as smooth (if not smoother) as the Ottrott. All I could say while riding is "WOW". It responds extremely well to every pedal stroke. Climbing felt like the Ottrott, cornering felt like the HSG, and tempo was smooth and comfortable.

Now, would I recommend one to a close friend with limited resources, absolutely. If you want a bike that lasts, performs well, and to top it off is beautiful, then yes. If history is the judge, then I expect this bike to last as long as my Ottrott.

I will be using my Ottrott as my Road Racing bike and backup bike, the HSG as my Crit bike, and the MeiVici is now going to be my everyday training bike.

- dummy (aka BioHazard)

gearguywb
01-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Sharp looking ride!

I am sure you will have the "wings up my a$%" new bike syndrome tomorrow.

Great. :)

AngryScientist
01-16-2011, 08:04 AM
great looking machine. thanks for the informative write-up from someone who obviously has the miles to back-up the viewpoints. wish you many happy miles!

Smiley
01-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Hey Dummy why did you not just buy the Meivici and not the AE flavor as I would have thought the AE to be a tad stiffer. Now I know why u and Brother Spoke get along so well cause STIFF in your worlds is a good thing. Did Spoke let you ride his Founders Ottrott probably the stiffest Ottrott built.

Just want to know your thoughts behind the AE and not the Meivici choice. Thanks Smiley

SPOKE
01-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Ah yes....my Founder's Edition Ottrott (non-ST rear triangle). It could be a real ass tenderizer for nearly anyone.....but me:)
I don't remember anyone but me ever riding that bike.
Dummy did demo my Ottrott ST which has a much different ride character.

dummy
01-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Smiley,
I wanted an Aero bike that I knew would last. I like the way they look and I plan on getting some Madfiber clinchers when they come available. Let's just say, I wanted something a bit different and unique.

- dummy

Pete Serotta
01-16-2011, 01:24 PM
And Dummy is not dummy in regard to brains and knowledge.

His posting on anything cycling will be VERY accurate and also he is a very skilled and extremely strong rider.

Pete

jabbahop
01-16-2011, 02:31 PM
I working on a similar path. Have a Ottrott and just ordered a HSG ready custom (white version) as my crit/race bike. Am 50 and will be a Cat 4 this season (2nd). Love the way my Ottrott rides and since Santa was good this year, decided to add a dedicated race bike to the mix. Not as purdy as your AE but am looking forward to getting it.

Enjoy your rides.

Ahneida Ride
01-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Love the colors ..... :hello:

bike22
01-20-2011, 07:37 PM
why is this a sticky?

Fixed
01-21-2011, 01:30 PM
i like the white and black
simple , tasteful paint draws attention to the frame
imho cheers

Derailer
01-21-2011, 04:28 PM
That thing looks like it's on stilts sitting on those Ksyriums. Cant' wait to see it perched atop some MadFibers.

ergott
01-22-2011, 06:52 AM
Surely you can find a set of aero wheels until Madfiber makes clinchers. With those K's, that bike is a rolling oxymoron.

victoryfactory
01-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech= high
paint= beautiful
white cages= perfect
aero seatpost= not so much

dummy
03-05-2011, 09:19 PM
OK, here's the MeiVici AE with Madfiber wheels

Smiley
03-06-2011, 08:28 AM
So how does the bike feel on the race course Sir Dummy :)

Looks like one heck of a set up too :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
03-06-2011, 08:48 AM
This year's model!

BBD

dummy
03-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Smiley,
I borrowed them from someone on my ride yesterday and rode them 35 miles. These wheels are very stiff and responsive. They are amazingly light. Now, for the aero part. I rode them in 15 mph to 20 mph winds yesterday. True to their drag profile you can find on the website, there was a certain angle (about 10 degrees to 15 degrees) of cross winds that could be felt, Beyond 15 degrees all the way to 90, I could not feel the affects of the crosswinds. Go to: http://www.madfiber.com/aerodynamics-article and scroll down to the graph. These things were true to that graph.

Short summary, when the clinchers come out, I will be getting a pair.

- dummy

Len J
03-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Very sweet.

Len

ergott
03-07-2011, 01:04 PM
OK, here's the MeiVici AE with Madfiber wheels

Much better.

Now go win some races.
:beer:

oldpotatoe
03-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Much better.

Now go win some races.
:beer:

But the Mevici is his 'training' bike...yoikes!!