PDA

View Full Version : Saddle centered or angled in relation to top tube?

scottcw
05-14-2005, 08:23 AM
A guy I rode with in CA rode with his saddle at a slight angle to one side in relation to his top tube. It had something to do with one leg being shorter than the other. Does anyone else do this? if so, do you angle towards or away from your shorter leg?

Thanks.

bulliedawg
05-14-2005, 08:29 AM
This has been discussed most recently in relationship to getting longer and lower on the bike. The idea being that some GUYS who are going long and low turn their saddle ever so slightly in one direction or the other to relieve pressure on the onions.

If you do a key word search here on the forum, you will likely find several posts.

davep
05-14-2005, 09:16 AM
During a recent fitting for a new bike it was pointed out to me that I am not symmetrical and d o not sit square on the bike. It sure doesn't feel like that, but it could explain why I have had more problems with my left side that my right. Anyway, I've discovered that angling the seat to the right provides a lot more comfort and even pressure on my sit bones.

hypnospin
05-14-2005, 11:25 AM
a team mate of mine had his like that, but recentered it after a couple seasons, perhaps an adaptation occurred.

A guy I rode with in CA rode with his saddle at a slight angle to one side in relation to his top tube. It had something to do with one leg being shorter than the other. Does anyone else do this? if so, do you angle towards or away from your shorter leg?

Thanks.