PDA

View Full Version : In Just Three Weeks. . .

dirtdigger88
05-13-2005, 05:27 PM
I will be enjoying some so shino's "kind" on the beach- the baby is staying with my parents- who knows- maybe we will make another one while we are there- I am guessing very little cycling will be done- but thats ok with me

http://www.couples.com/13cn/33inc.htm

jason

IXXI
05-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Portland features all 'kinds.

(Of bikes, of course...)

Looks like an awesome getaway.

BumbleBeeDave
05-13-2005, 07:42 PM
. . . you’re telling us this because . . . ?

BBDave

dirtdigger88
05-13-2005, 07:43 PM
. . . you’re telling us this because . . . ?

BBDave

to make you love me :rolleyes:

jason

BumbleBeeDave
05-13-2005, 07:54 PM
. . . loving you is, ahem, HER job! ;)

BBD

dirtdigger88
05-13-2005, 08:05 PM
well yes it is- I had to take mrs dirt somewhere nice in exchange for my Bozeman trip- I will have to suffer through 9 days in sunny Jamacia

Darn

Jason

Smiley
05-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Dirtman , listen here , Negril makes Club Med look like a cub scout camp . You'll be a changed man when you return , maybe you'll become Potting soil Man . A melower and calmer person , repeat after me , serinity now . Enjoy your trip with Mrs Dirt :banana:

H.Frank Beshear
05-13-2005, 09:03 PM
We stayed at couples in Ocho Rios several years back. Very nice. Follow your good Captains advice, and enjoy. Frank

Ginger
05-13-2005, 10:14 PM
I hear that there's excellent mountain biking in Jamacia...

they hold the Jamacia Fat Tire Festival there in February.

Supposedly "Rusty's Excellent Adventures" in Negril is the go to outfitter...

Check out the third installation of the Chain Reaction vids...and "Jamacia Soul Ride, to Air is You Mon!" for some previews...sounds like they have any skill level riding you want to do...

Oh that's right...you're not riding bikes down there.
;)

spiderman
05-13-2005, 10:30 PM
ginger...
...have you traded your mountain bike
for the road,
for good??
or am i reading this all wrong...
...i've been out of the loop for awhile...
maybe i should pour through all the posts
for clues...

Ginger
05-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Ah Spiderman! Where did you get that idea?

As current president of the Michigan Mountain Biking Association I can't give up the mountain bike!

However, I do usually try to get about 500 outdoor road miles on my legs before I hit the trails (I'm almost to 100 for the year...). And there's the whole ramping up to distance and effort thing...My recent surgery leg is somewhat behind my other leg in strength. And my Orthopod asked me to wait another three months before I did anything technical (and to not crash...) So...Right now I'm starting to commute, and I'll get my Kirk built back up so I can do some tours and distance.

But no. I'll give up the road before I give up mountain biking! I love riding in the woods on trails too much. I ride road so I can trail ride without thinking of the effort.

thanks for thinking of me :)

I switched to the Ginger ID 'cause M_A_Martin hit 1200 posts...I thought that was enough. This way I don't think I've spent too much time on the board.

:banana:

BumbleBeeDave
05-14-2005, 08:44 PM
No. Please don’t crash. You seem to have a problem with that on two-wheeled vehicles. :rolleyes:

BBDave

Ginger
05-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Dave,
I seem to have less problem with that than many here...I just go big when I *do* crash...

BumbleBeeDave
05-14-2005, 09:56 PM
. . . but I wish you would stop. You seem to be running out of things to injure and places to take grafts from! ;)

BBDave