PDA

View Full Version : A frame builder list

Ahneida Ride
01-05-2011, 11:04 AM
interesting list ......

http://www.sandsmachine.com/fbplist.htm

jeo99
01-05-2011, 06:45 PM
I think this is an older list as there are many custom guys not listed?

:beer:

Frankwurst
01-05-2011, 06:52 PM

:beer:

Huh? I must not understand your definition of custom. There are actually a few builders missing I can think of. :beer:

Mark McM
01-05-2011, 07:00 PM

There appear to be a lot of frame builders not listed (including 2 custom builders whose frames I have). This list is from the S and S Machine Works website, who are a manufacturing of travel bike frame couplers, so this list likely only includes frame builders who use S and S couplers.

StellaBlue
01-05-2011, 07:22 PM
That list is about as useless as Rolling Stones top 100 Guitarists...

jakez
01-06-2011, 09:50 AM
That list is at least 10 years old. It's a good starting point, but there are so many new framebuilders, and ones I know that have come and gone.

You're better off checking the lists from the handmade bike shows and consumer expos around the country - North American Handmade Bike Show, Portland, San Diego, Cirque in North Carolina.

Consumer shows - there's at least Chicago and Seattle. I'm not sure about others.

Jake

Mark McM
01-06-2011, 11:14 AM
That list is at least 10 years old. It's a good starting point, but there are so many new framebuilders, and ones I know that have come and gone.

I don't think the list is quite that old - there are several companies on the list that haven't even been in existance for 10 years.

A better clue can be found if you click on one of the framebuilder name links - you don't go to the framebuilder's own web page, but instead to another web page on the S and S Machine site, highlighting the products and services offered by the framebuilder that use S and S Machine BTC products. In other words, this list is only of framebuilders who offer frames with S and S Machine couplers.

This list might be a good start if you are looking for a disassemble-able travel bike, but isn't even trying to be representative of all framebuilders.

Ahneida Ride
01-06-2011, 12:50 PM
I should said .... "a very partial list" ..... sorry ....

jakez
01-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Sorry, you're right about the list. The page is at least ten years old, but it doesn't look like it's been updated too recently.

Jake