PDA

View Full Version : Semi OT - Android aps? (rooted my nook color)

Dekonick
01-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Rooted my Nook color - so I can now use the android app store. What are fellow forumites using on their android tablets / phones?

Looking for a good training / workout program - I don't mind having several... almost seems to be better that way... one for cycling and/or running, and another for the meat head in me :)

Oh - and if anyone is wondering... you can get the Nook Color for ~$250 and with a fairly simple process root it and get a pretty nice android tablet! It is cool to have the android Kindle app running on the B&N Nook... not that I buy many books from Amazon... not anymore.

SO - what are you running?

rice rocket
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Are you gonna strap your Nook to your handlebars and go for a ride? Or put it on an armband?

The only "cycling app" I use is MyTracks from Google. Lets you GPS out a route, similar to the Garmin, but with a little less data analysis. I don't think the Nook has Bluetooth nor GPS though. Until someone comes up w/ a bluetooth powermeter, I don't see too many relevant cycling apps coming to life. There is a BT HRM though.

Dekonick
01-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Are you gonna strap your Nook to your handlebars and go for a ride? Or put it on an armband?

The only "cycling app" I use is MyTracks from Google. Lets you GPS out a route, similar to the Garmin, but with a little less data analysis. I don't think the Nook has Bluetooth nor GPS though. Until someone comes up w/ a bluetooth powermeter, I don't see too many relevant cycling apps coming to life. There is a BT HRM though.

I was going to strap it to my leg like pilots do :rolleyes:

Just looking for something to log data and keep track of workouts. Think I'll stick to the Garmin for maps and HR data...

slowandsteady
01-03-2011, 10:13 PM
How difficult did you find the Rooting process?

rice rocket
01-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Just looking for something to log data and keep track of workouts.
You mean Excel? ;)

KeithS
01-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm getting me one of these..

beungood
01-08-2011, 04:28 PM
My brother has fart for Android App. multi function ap that you set to motion sense fart. We had our 18 month old nephew laughing all afternoon :) Ok we are a bit immature sometimes..

Dekonick
01-08-2011, 04:31 PM
How difficult did you find the Rooting process?

Simple.

http://reviewhorizon.com/2010/12/how-to-root-nook-color-1-0-1-using-auto-nooter/

Dekonick
01-08-2011, 04:33 PM
You mean Excel? ;)

Good Idea... but ANDROID...

WOuld be nice if it played nice with excel...

rice rocket
01-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I know, I was just being an ass. :)

I started using MyFitnessPal. More about tracking food/calories, but it does cardio and strength training logging too. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.