PDA

View Full Version : Original Owner is lifetime warranty for defect. Peace or Mind is again crash or OOPs

Pete Serotta
01-02-2011, 12:25 PM
and also some perks for investing in Peace of mind. I posted this for there were questions last week. PETE

Peace of Mind Crash Protection Program
Protect your investment with Serotta’s Peace of Mind crash protection program. A Serotta is a worthy investment that’s been conceived and built to be ridden as hard as you would like for many years to come.

Serotta Custom / Ready Custom 7 Year Peace of Mind, Crash Protection Program

Benefits:
7 year coverage for the frame and fork.
Should the frame/fork become damaged by any accidental cause, the frame/fork will be repaired or replaced to ‘like new’ condition, with the choice at Serotta’s discretion. In the case of replacement of a discontinued model, a frame with same or similar value will be selected.
What is covered?
Structural damage that deems the frame/fork unsafe or performance has been altered.
What is not covered?
Cosmetic damage
Rust
Consumer Cost
$295 / seven years plus applicable deduction, shipping and handling fees at the time of servicing
The deduction (cost of replacement or repair) is based on the following schedule:
Year 1- 5% frame and fork value 25% of special finish
Year 2- 10% “ 35% “
Year 3- 15% “ 45% “
Year 4- 20% “ 55% “
Year 5- 30% “ 65% “
Year 6- 40% “ 75% “ Year 7- 50% “ 75% “
Example: A Legend SE is destroyed in 2nd year. Current cost of Legend SE = $5195.00. The finish costs $1095.00: your repair or replacement cost is as follows:
$5195 x 10% = $519.50
$1095 x 35% = $383.35 = $902.75 is the total replacement/repair cost paid directly to Serotta.
Price at the time of replacement/repair is based on the prevailing MSRP at the time of replacement/repair.
Owner can choose to down grade the finish but not upgrade. An upgrade would be charged the applicable overage fee.
Note: Dealer assembly and service fees are not included and may vary from dealer to dealer.

Additional Benefits
35% discount on optional refinishing and/or repairs at any time during the 7-year period.
Automatic enrollment in Serotta Owner’s Club
Conditions
Can be purchased with any new Custom or Ready Custom frame.
Must be purchased at the time of order on custom orders.
Ready Custom orders must contain complete bike description.
This program is non-transferable.
This program is non-renewable.
Not available on:
Pre-owned bikes
Store demo bikes
Peace of Mind/Crash Protection Certificate must be presented at the time of the repair request.
Effective November 15, 2009 ~ Peace of Mind, Crash Protection Programs.

spartacus
01-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Nicely done Pete.

I have the old five year cover.

Out of curiosity, is this a USPfor Serotta in the bike frame business? I've never come across another builder offering similar cover.

Pete Serotta
01-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Many of the Large manufactures do not offer life time warranty today but please keep in mind, BEN SEROTTA has been in business for many more years than many others frame makers of today. It is since the 1980s that Ben has been running the Company.

Nicely done Pete.

I have the old five year cover.

Out of curiosity, is this a USPfor Serotta in the bike frame business? I've never come across another builder offering similar cover. I am not sure what USP is in reference to. Years ago there was US POSTAL TEAM and also Sierra beer - but KENO and I drank too much of the brew on visits. :beer:

spartacus
01-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Many of the Large manufactures do not offer life time warranty today but please keep in mind, BEN SEROTTA has been in business for many more years than many others frame makers of today. It is since the 1980s that Ben has been running the Company.

I am not sure what USP is in reference to. Years ago there was US POSTAL TEAM and also Sierra beer - but KENO and I drank too much of the brew on visits. :beer:

Sorry mate, USP - unique selling point. Another resolution for 2011, no more gobbledygook. Cheers :beer:

Cinci Jim
01-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Is it transferable? Does it apply to demo & garage sale frames? Forks have same coverage? Manufacturing defects or also material defects?

Pete Serotta
01-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Is it transferable? Does it apply to demo & garage sale frames? Forks have same coverage? Manufacturing defects or also material defects?

If Frame is inspected by a SEROTTA dealer or the Factory it can be transferrable.

Garage or Demo sold by SEROTTA is a YES, sold by a dealer is a yes if inspected (ie not E-bay person)

Frame and fork defects yes. Components and other add ons are covered to whatever warranty the seller provides.

Cinci Jim
01-02-2011, 04:56 PM
If Frame is inspected by a SEROTTA dealer or the Factory it can be transferrable.

Garage or Demo sold by SEROTTA is a YES, sold by a dealer is a yes if inspected (ie not E-bay person)

Frame and fork defects yes. Components and other add ons are covered to whatever warranty the seller provides.

Thanks Pete! This is what I was wondering.

Pete Serotta
01-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks Pete! This is what I was wondering.

There is a nice Serotta dealer in either Cleveland or Cinci.(Kathy Krumme <k_krumme@hotmail.com>)

PETE

alancw3
01-07-2011, 01:37 PM
pete: is there a cost involved with a transfer of warranty? i think this would be perfectly reasonable. i believe that either calfee or parlee offer a transfer at a cost of like $295. i would think this would be a great selling tool for serotta particularly with the advent of carbon frames.

Pete Serotta
01-07-2011, 02:48 PM
pete: is there a cost involved with a transfer of warranty? i think this would be perfectly reasonable. i believe that either calfee or parlee offer a transfer at a cost of like $295. i would think this would be a great selling tool for serotta particularly with the advent of carbon frames.

No transfer of warranty available once the bike is sold by Serotta. Nor is a Peace of Mind transferrable from the original bike owner.