View Full Version : Top reasons for needing to purchase a Serotta

Pete Serotta
01-02-2011, 12:19 PM
http://serotta.com/About/WhySerotta.html

and yes, I truly believe in this or I would not be posting it. :beer:

PETE

dave thompson
01-02-2011, 12:26 PM
I'll agree with their statements. That's why I've always had a Serotta, for over 10 years now.

godfrey1112000
01-02-2011, 12:27 PM
My favorite is #10

On an Hors Categorie for 7+ years

csm
01-02-2011, 12:49 PM
My favorite is #10

On an Hors Categorie for 7+ years

mine too!

edmoses
01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Pete - thanks for pointing that link out. It reinforces why I have my Legend and why after three years of enjoying it, I am picking up my Ottrot this week - London weather permitting.

Ed

FixedNotBroken
01-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Pete - thanks for pointing that link out. It reinforces why I have my Legend and why after three years of enjoying it, I am picking up my Ottrot this week - London weather permitting.

Ed

In the next two months I am getting an Ottrott as well :)

Pete Serotta
01-02-2011, 03:43 PM
In the next two months I am getting an Ottrott as well :)

You will enjoy the ride....If any assistance needed during build cycle let me know.

PETE

Bruce K
01-02-2011, 03:47 PM
They nail it just about perfectly.

That's why the "fleet" includes:

2000 Concours
2003 Ottrott ST
2005 Concours CX
2007 Meivici

I'm hoping to be able to budget an HSG Aero for 2011

BK

Fixed
01-04-2011, 04:41 PM
it 's the tubes damn it
simple imho
cheers

endosch2
01-06-2011, 08:17 AM
I agree with 10. I spent 10 years inthe bike industry which allowed me to have numerous bikes. Nothing compares to my 2007 HSG ti.

false_Aest
01-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Whats the difference between customizing and personalizing?

Also.

Nothing rides like a Kirk, Sachs, etc.

TomP
01-06-2011, 10:02 AM
They nail it just about perfectly.

That's why the "fleet" includes:

2000 Concours
2003 Ottrott ST
2005 Concours CX
2007 Meivici

I'm hoping to be able to budget an HSG Aero for 2011

BK

Simply the best!

My current "fleet" includes:

Coors Light CSI
Legend Ti
HSG IT

Past included also:

Colorado II
Serotta Steel Track
Legend Ti with DKS
Ottrott HT

:beer:

Fixed
01-08-2011, 02:32 PM
the forum serotta is kind enough to give us a place to hang out

the other forums i feel like the cats are waiting to ambush me imho
cheers

Erik.Lazdins
01-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Have had a serotta since 2006, I've ridden it lots and will continue to do so, as soon as I finish the overhaul!

Great bicycle - :beer:

utdentite
01-08-2011, 07:18 PM
True, nothing rides like my Serotta!!!

Iceman
01-09-2011, 06:28 PM
I test rode my better half's Fierte after putting it together (ya it was too small) and it impressed me enough to wonder what a top dog frame would be like. See: Ottrott in garage waiting to be built. I only needed one reason.

Alter ego Icman says: Cry for the Iceman, for he will not get to ride Ottrott until April or May. It also lowly non-custom fit rotty. Will it get me in snobhouse? Me thinks I'm not there yet.

Aaron O
01-18-2011, 12:03 PM
1. Richard Sachs isn’t taking on new clients
2. Waterford reminds you too much of your grandmother’s stemware
3. You’ve never heard of Bilenky
4. The exchange rate isn’t favorable for a Pegoretti
5. Gunnar doesn’t convey enough status for you
6.NO Bruce Gordon (personnel attack here and a "no no") Pete MCKEON

-have known Bruce for years and never knew anything like this to happen - -PETE

7. Personnel no no
8. You’re extremely short and Independent Fabrications is too long a decal for your TT
9. You are actually beloved song parody performer Weird Al and want to make a funny bike specific version of My Sharona
10. You have some Huffy decals just dieing for a home and they wouldn’t look right on a Spectrum

ergott
01-22-2011, 06:39 AM
Serotta is big enough to be cutting edge. Serotta is small enough to maintain a family atmosphere. Good people over there.

I can't think of another bike company that can make so many different types of riders happy. Fat cats to aspiring racers inquire within. They have your perfect bike.

bgcycles
01-22-2011, 09:54 AM
I always return calls if you leave a number. The only time I can remember not returning a call is when the # on my answering machine could not be understood. So now I ask in my message that you repeat your # two times.
(707) 762-5601

Regards,
Bruce Gordon
www.bgcycles.com
www.brucegordoncycles.blogspot.com

Aaron O
01-25-2011, 09:34 AM
I always return calls if you leave a number. The only time I can remember not returning a call is when the # on my answering machine could not be understood. So now I ask in my message that you repeat your # two times.
(707) 762-5601

Regards,
Bruce Gordon
www.bgcycles.com
www.brucegordoncycles.blogspot.com

There was absolutely no insult at all aimed at Bruce Gordon...it was meant in jest...as in "I'd rather have a Bruce Gordon, but he won't return my calls because I'm a jerk!"

pdmtong
02-14-2011, 12:35 AM
every now and again I think that of my modest 4 bike stable, if one were to go to make room for a new love (moots RSL....hmmm), the 2005 ottrott would draw the short straw. then I ride it and I remember just how nice that bike really is. guess I'll have to find a spot for another hook. it's a wonderful, all day or go fast ride. so comfortable, and winds up and bombs beyond my abilities.

Ahneida Ride
02-19-2011, 12:27 AM
I have a 2002 Legend Ti Rapid Tour ... and I have to tell ya
this frame has served me well.

A very well conceived all around bike with a copious amount of performance.

Perhaps one of the best investments I ever made.

Alan Dolid
02-25-2011, 10:28 AM
I have ridden a Colnago C40 for the last 10+ years. I absolutely love the bike...have around 80k miles on it. I had read a review of a Meivici and got my heart set on having one. I got "Suzi" in this past December. I was so excited to go on that first ride. It's not that I was disappointed but I was not blown away as I had been looking for. Went for a few more rides and came to the realization that this bike was truely something special...more than special...really pretty amazing. The ride is difficult to put into words. The C40 is comfortable. Suzi is just "feels" even more comfortable if that is possible. Combine the beautiful build and finish, the "ride" and the history and I have ended up with my "dream bike". Thanks Ben! BTW...if anyone is interested pics of Suzi are at the Serotta section under My New Girlfriend. Thanks again! Alan

Alan Dolid
02-25-2011, 10:29 AM
I have ridden a Colnago C40 for the last 10+ years. I absolutely love the bike...have around 80k miles on it. I had read a review of a Meivici and got my heart set on having one. I got "Suzi" in this past December. I was so excited to go on that first ride. It's not that I was disappointed but I was not blown away as I had been looking for. Went for a few more rides and came to the realization that this bike was truely something special...more than special...really pretty amazing. The ride is difficult to put into words. The C40 is comfortable. Suzi is just "feels" even more comfortable if that is possible. Combine the beautiful build and finish, the "ride" and the history and I have ended up with my "dream bike". Thanks Ben and everyone else at Serotta!!!! BTW...if anyone is interested pics of Suzi are at the Serotta section under My New Girlfriend. Thanks again! Alan

bobswire
02-25-2011, 11:07 AM
I have ridden a Colnago C40 for the last 10+ years. I absolutely love the bike...have around 80k miles on it. I had read a review of a Meivici and got my heart set on having one. I got "Suzi" in this past December. I was so excited to go on that first ride. It's not that I was disappointed but I was not blown away as I had been looking for. Went for a few more rides and came to the realization that this bike was truely something special...more than special...really pretty amazing. The ride is difficult to put into words. The C40 is comfortable. Suzi is just "feels" even more comfortable if that is possible. Combine the beautiful build and finish, the "ride" and the history and I have ended up with my "dream bike". Thanks Ben and everyone else at Serotta!!!! BTW...if anyone is interested pics of Suzi are at the Serotta section under My New Girlfriend. Thanks again! Alan

Yeah I saw Suzi and put you on my hate'in list. ;)
Would like to see some other pics with a better background (garage door white or creme and make sure its in the shade) if possible?
http://i53.tinypic.com/b7mmtc.jpg

Alan Dolid
02-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah I saw Suzi and put you on my hate'in list. ;)
Would like to see some other pics with a better background (garage door white or creme and make sure its in the shade) if possible?
http://i53.tinypic.com/b7mmtc.jpg

Will do.....

whforrest
03-03-2011, 06:33 PM
I have been spoiled and only ridden my legend (regretfully sold) and my Ottrot over the last 10 years. Frame before that was a Litespeed, Tomassini, Olmo, Vitus (carbon, alum) and early 80's Nishiki..........

It's pretty hard for me to consider anything else at this point. There are frames that look pretty sweet, but man, it doesn't get much better than serotta.

cheers, bill

rounder
03-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I was lucky. Guys from my LBS 20 years ago were selling them and riding them, and I bought one.

justinalamode
03-11-2011, 04:24 AM
So glad I picked one up... now to get it built!

EDS
03-11-2011, 08:59 AM
I agree with 10. I spent 10 years inthe bike industry which allowed me to have numerous bikes. Nothing compares to my 2007 HSG ti.

Really? I have an HSG Ti too and it is a very nice bike but I wouldn't call it a great bike. Ideally I think it would have more stiffness in the bottom bracket area and weight a lot less.

Ti Designs
04-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Really? I have an HSG Ti too and it is a very nice bike but I wouldn't call it a great bike. Ideally I think it would have more stiffness in the bottom bracket area and weight a lot less.

Have you tried the new Specialized Allez?

Pete Serotta
04-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Have you tried the new Specialized Allez?

THis is light and Stiff in the bottom bracket. I never rode the Ti ones. THey are also not in the 2011 product lineup,

the Allez is a nice riding bike also.

PETE

sparkiegaz
04-05-2011, 09:02 AM
hi all newbie to site
reason for wanting a serotta always wanted one after reading a review in mag about serotta mountainbike many years ago it was steel and painted bright yellow and red,,,,,,,,,,had most usa bling mountain bikes in the past but think that serotta are just in a class of there own,,,,its more than a bike,,, :hello: :hello: :hello:

swatson
04-05-2011, 11:03 PM
I just aquired a Serotta frame from a family member that passed away-

Any suggestions on what to build it up with? Right now I am on a small budget so price could be an issue?

yodelinpol
04-08-2011, 06:05 AM
I have a 2002 Legend Ti Rapid Tour ... and I have to tell ya
this frame has served me well.

A very well conceived all around bike with a copious amount of performance.

Perhaps one of the best investments I ever made.

Pictures? 58-59 top tube? Sell it to me????

Pete Serotta
04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
used I would go with Ultegra ....PETE

I just aquired a Serotta frame from a family member that passed away-

Any suggestions on what to build it up with? Right now I am on a small budget so price could be an issue?

skipper
04-08-2011, 03:19 PM
I have now owned four Serotta's. First a Colorado II, it was run over by a pick up truck, second a CSi, then a Legend Ti and just a month a go a new Colorado with a carbon fork. It first felt strange after so many other non steel bikes, but after 300 miles It has the best ride ever.