PDA

View Full Version : Meivici 58 or Ottrot 57

bikeinc
01-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Can anyone tell me how the ride of a Meivici compares to the ride of an Ottrott? I see someone selling both on Ebay in a size that will work for me.
Seems like a great deal if I can make an informed decision.

oldpotatoe
01-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Can anyone tell me how the ride of a Meivici compares to the ride of an Ottrott? I see someone selling both on Ebay in a size that will work for me.
Seems like a great deal if I can make an informed decision.

What's an orange taste like?

Smart assedness aside, 'ride' is 100% subjective. Only you can answer the question.

happycampyer
01-01-2011, 08:52 AM
The problem with generalizing is that, even assuming identical geometry, two Meivicis or two Ottrotts will have different ride characteristics depending on tube selection, and what you prefer is very personal.

I had a demo Ottrott that wasn't the best fit for me, but the ride quality was sublime. I bought a Meivici a while back in the classifieds here and, while it was built for a rider who is lighter than me and has the least stiff tubing, I love the way it rides. I have ridden a demo Meivici that has, or has mostly, medium stiffness tubing, and I didn't like the ride nearly as much. You on the other hand may prefer the stiffer bike.

So pretty much what oldpotatoe said.

97CSI
01-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Just like asking on a stereo forum what a particular amp or preamp or CDP sounds like. Can't listen with your ears or ride with your butt (thankfully :) ). If you can get the serial numbers and build sheet info then you might be able to determine how 'stiff' (relatively) the tubeset or geometry might be, but, still leaves it wide open as how YOU would find the ride.

Ahneida Ride
01-01-2011, 11:08 AM
They are both great rides ...

I found the Mei to ride more like a steel frame ...
The Ott floats ...

Blonds or Brunettes ?