PDA

View Full Version : Raleigh Trip

drewski
12-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Hello:

I am taking the wife and kids on a day trip of Raleigh, NC tomorrow.
Driving up from the Charlotte NC area. I
Can any locals recommend a good local yocal restaurants?

We like to eat at locally owned places whenever possible.

Bruce K
12-30-2010, 07:27 PM
I moved this from the Classifieds.

Hopefully you'll get better responses here. ;)

BK

jvp
12-30-2010, 07:55 PM
downtown and glenwood south have both become quite populated with new bars and restaurants. If you like italian, I've heard good things about Gravy. Sitti is right next to it, excellent middle eastern food. The capitol club just opened recently, they have authentic german fare. On Glenwood south, tobacco road is an upscale sports bar with great food, there's also 42nd st. oyster bar plus several other options all are good. The Pit bar b q is a few blocks away, local and "real", and the nearby boylan st. brew pub is local and good as well.

drewski
12-30-2010, 07:59 PM
downtown and glenwood south have both become quite populated with new bars and restaurants. If you like italian, I've heard good things about Gravy. Sitti is right next to it, excellent middle eastern food. The capitol club just opened recently, they have authentic german fare. On Glenwood south, tobacco road is an upscale sports bar with great food, there's also 42nd st. oyster bar plus several other options all are good. The Pit bar b q is a few blocks away, local and "real", and the nearby boylan st. brew pub is local and good as well.

Thanks a bunch. :banana:

jvp
12-30-2010, 08:07 PM
I like boylan st. in the nice weather - roll up to the huge outdoor deck on the bike, sit at a picnic table, enjoy the best view of downtown w/ a local microbrew!

xjoex
12-30-2010, 08:12 PM
I am not from Raleigh, but I go there all the time for work. If you like pizza, Lilly's Pizza http://www.lillyspizza.com/ is very good. In fact I think Serotta Pete told me about it.

-Joe

drewski
12-31-2010, 06:51 AM
Thanks forumites for the information. I am much indebted.

:)

SPOKE
12-31-2010, 10:15 AM
I am not from Raleigh, but I go there all the time for work. If you like pizza, Lilly's Pizza http://www.lillyspizza.com/ is very good. In fact I think Serotta Pete told me about it.

-Joe

+1 for Lilly's......my favorite pizza.

drewski
12-31-2010, 07:26 PM

The Pit was really excellent. Great collard greens. Isin't good luck to heat
them on NYear eve. Nice baby back ribs. The place was really packed today. Beautiful day in Raleigh. I have to say the Art Museum here is very underrated. I can't believe how much stuff they have in that place.

drewski
12-31-2010, 07:28 PM
+1 for Lilly's......my favorite pizza.

I will have to check it out tomorrow.

Thanks,

weisan
01-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Pete?

drewski
01-01-2011, 04:48 PM
We were driving on US 1 near Moncure/Pittsford road
and we needed to switch drivers and noticed a really organized
clean bunch of riders on Moncure/Pittsford road.
It looked like a professional team. I was wondering if by coinkidink
it could be one of the very forumites who provided tips on Raleigh.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=jordan+river+nc&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Happy new year 2011 carpe diem