PDA

View Full Version : OT. PayPal fee ?

BlackTiBob
12-30-2010, 11:04 AM
HI,
I searched PayPal site but cannot determine what the fee would be for a $25 payment to me. Does anybody know?
Thanks in advance.

I did find a statement about send money to others with no fee. Is that the gift method? How does that work?

StellaBlue
12-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Yes, gift. Otherwise 3%

dave thompson
12-30-2010, 11:34 AM
HI,
I searched PayPal site but cannot determine what the fee would be for a $25 payment to me. Does anybody know?
Thanks in advance.

I did find a statement about send money to others with no fee. Is that the gift method? How does that work?
The PayPal fee is 2.9% + $0.30 of the transaction to the recipient. A 3% number is a good 'ball park' when figuring the cost.

If you want to receive money via PayPal with no fees, instruct the seller to use the 'Personal' tab on the send money page and then click the 'Payment Owed' button. By doing that there are no fees to anyone, buyer or seller. Note this only works on personal transactions, not when buying from a merchant or eBay.

oliver1850
12-30-2010, 12:41 PM
If you pay with a credit card, you pay the fee even when using "gift" or "payment owed". I still pay with credit card, gives you another angle in a bad transaction.

DogpawSlim
12-30-2010, 01:44 PM
The last time I did a personal "payment," I remember being asked whether I wanted to pay the fee, or stick it to the recipient. This might have been with a credit card vs. instant transfer though.