PDA

View Full Version : What is Serotta's warranty these days?

Cinci Jim
12-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Hopfully this won't get me taken out behind the woodshed or anything, but what is Serotta's warranty these days? On the web site I see the Peace of Mind Crash Protection for $295 for seven years but no lifetime warranty statement.

I've always heard about the lifetime warranty and I have received outstanding warranty related customer service from them, so I don't doubt they will do their best to make things right...

If I was interested in another frame, they would be on the short list and I already own 4 frames and the wife has 2 that we both dearly love.

Maybe I missed it on the web site... but what is it?

BumbleBeeDave
12-30-2010, 10:26 AM
I can't find it there either.

BBD

Cinci Jim
12-30-2010, 10:30 AM
I also wanted to add that an exceptionally well made product needs no warranty.

dekindy
12-30-2010, 10:54 AM
I also wanted to add that an exceptionally well made product needs no warranty.

Wrong. Anything and everything made by Man can and will break sooner or later.

jlwdm
12-30-2010, 02:13 PM
The older warranties were for a shorter time and renewable. I think mine is 5 years and I can keep extending for 5 year periods. That was from 2007.

Jeff

FixedNotBroken
12-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Get a Merlin :) totally kidding.

spartacus
12-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Are not all Serotta frames covered for a limited lifetime against manufacturing defects?

Are we talking about the old five and new seven year Crash Protection in this thread?

http://www.serotta.com/About/PeaceOfMindCrashProtection.html

Cinci Jim
12-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Are not all Serotta frames covered for a limited lifetime against manufacturing defects?

Are we talking about the old five and new seven year Crash Protection in this thread?

Where have you seen the limited lifetime against manufacturing defects?

BumbleBeeDave
12-30-2010, 06:06 PM

. . . I feel it was an oversight to not have that warranty clearly called out on the web sight and that's a situation that should be remedied ASAP. If it really IS somewhere on the web site already then it needs to be somewhere way more obvious.

BBD

jlwdm
12-30-2010, 07:50 PM

Yes, I was referring to the Crash Protection not a warranty. My 2007 Nove has a limited lifetime warranty card(had to register within 30 days of original purchase):

Frame: Lifetime warranty against defective workmanship and materials.

Paint and Finish: one year for defects in paint, decals and finish.

Serotta Forks: lifetime warranty against defective workmanship and materials.

The 2007 Crash Protection Program has deductibles based on frame material; not based on years in the program.

Jeff

Monthly Payment
12-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Wrong. Anything and everything made by Man can and will break sooner or later.

Anytime someone talks about a warranty or guarantee, it makes me laugh. I always think of Chris Farley's sales pitch from Tommy Boy.

-------------------------------------------------------

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.

Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

Ted: What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of $&!+. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

spartacus
12-31-2010, 07:09 AM
The 2007 Crash Protection Program has deductibles based on frame material; not based on years in the program.

Jeff

Not quite with you. It was a time based (five years) cover.

"...deductibles based on frame material" - ?

jlwdm
12-31-2010, 07:50 AM
Currrent Crash Protection is 7 years and owner pays a deductible based on time owned. Longer have had bike the more the customer pays towards replacement.

In 2007 the program was 5 years (renewable) and the owner pays part of the replacement cost based on the material the frame is made of. For example steel is $150 and carbon is $400.

Jeff

Pete Serotta
12-31-2010, 12:42 PM
and get to the latest info, I think it is still a lifetime warranty of the frame against defects. The peace of mind adds additional coverage to non frame defects - ie races, garage doors, etx PETE :beer: