PDA

View Full Version : How private is a private message?

shinomaster
05-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Does Serotta reads them?

Just wondering.

BumbleBeeDave
05-11-2005, 09:36 PM
. . . Serotta James probably has just a FEW better things to do than sit there reading all of our PM’s . . .

But now that SANDY dude! . . . YUCK! He always impressed me as a real nosey SOB who just--hey, this IS a private message, right?

BBDave :rolleyes:

christian
05-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Assume that everything you post on the internet or send in an email will be read by at least two people, one of them your employer.

That's my policy.

- Christian

shinomaster
05-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Good thinkin Christian!

alembical
05-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Shino,
I was wondering just the same thing when I opened up my PM box and saw that message from you. There is no way that that girl pictured was 18. :p

Happy Birthday! Damn 31! You are old.

Alembical

Ginger
05-12-2005, 11:26 AM
You know Johnny boy, now that you mentioned it they'll be reading ALL of yours!

:)

BumbleBeeDave
05-12-2005, 11:35 AM
That's my daughter! Where the heck did you get THAT picture?

Help! Police! . . . :butt: :butt: :butt: ;)

BBDave

Bruce K
05-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Smooth Dave, real classy. :rolleyes:

BK

flydhest
05-12-2005, 12:01 PM
just how private is a bm?

Ahneida Ride
05-12-2005, 12:20 PM
One should assume that every PM is stored on a hard drive for instant retrival at any time.

Conventional e-mail is safer.

bm's are not stored, unless one is on a septic system

Ginger
05-12-2005, 12:48 PM
bm privacy...

I think it would depend on if you're in a public restroom and if the stalls have doors....

shinomaster
05-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Alembical... shhhhhhhh..

Serotta_James
05-12-2005, 01:43 PM
I can do two things:
See who is sending what to whom at what time and read the content of the messages.
The former requires so many steps it isn't worth it at all. The latter also takes a tremendous number of steps and WAY too much time to accomplish, plus it's just plain unethical. Also, if I read your private messages, which I wouldn't, the forum software would tell you that I was doing so.

Back to work...

OldDog
05-12-2005, 01:45 PM
bm privacy...

I think it would depend on if you're in a public restroom and if the stalls have doors....

I allow my employees exactly three minutes for a bm...after that the tp roll retracts into the wall, the toilet flushes, the stall door flings open and their picture is taken to be posted on the company notice board. If the picture proves your smiling you are referred to the company mental health provider.

Ozz
05-12-2005, 02:00 PM
I allow my employees exactly three minutes for a bm...after that the tp roll retracts into the wall, the toilet flushes, the stall door flings open and their picture is taken to be posted on the company notice board. If the picture proves your smiling you are referred to the company mental health provider.
I am reminded of the recent picture of Sandy going thru his pre-ride ritual.... :rolleyes:

bcm119
05-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Shino, I would set up my dope shipments with different communications ...maybe yahoo or aol. ;)

CarlosContreros
05-12-2005, 11:21 PM
That's funny!
There's a "board" I frequent quite a bit where this same topic was brought
up and it seems that not only are your "PM's" read...but apparently
your "password" can be solved as well!
And this is to say the least a VERY.. "Adult themed" site!

There was talk that don't use your "password" for any other access
to your computer other than entering this site..for fear that someone could
play you and access everything in your computer!
Truth?..or just rampant paranoia?

I think "board management" countered with a response one time that
the PM stood for "personal message"..not "private message".thereby
allowing them to be "conscience-free" in regards to this subject>

William
05-13-2005, 05:08 AM
Shino,

even I can read your PM's. I'm just surprised Ginger hasn't turned you in yet. :eek:

William ;) :D

BumbleBeeDave
05-13-2005, 06:31 AM
. . . about “shipping dopes?” :confused: :confused: :confused:

I’m not going anywhere . . .

BBDave

Ginger
05-13-2005, 07:50 AM
Keep thinking like that Dave, it will be less painful that way.

Xyzzy
05-13-2005, 04:57 PM
The former requires so many steps it isn't worth it at all. The latter also takes a tremendous number of steps and WAY too much time to accomplish, plus it's just plain unethical. Also, if I read your private messages, which I wouldn't, the forum software would tell you that I was doing so.Technically, you can access the database manually and read anything you want (passwords are stored encrypted however), and it is quite easy, but nobody I know who runs a forum ever does this... It is just one of those things that isn't done...

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php

If you are really worried about security encrypt your messages...

http://www.gnupg.org/

--
Mike (Xyzzy)

shinomaster
05-14-2005, 01:12 AM
The reason I was asking was because I wanted to send a secret message to secret Sandy. I lost my secret Captain Crunch mail order decoder ring so I was going to tell him where the pirate treasure was buried untill I realized that a private message may not in fact be super secret private!!!

Glad I didn't give away our secret!!

Kevin
05-14-2005, 06:53 AM
Glad I didn't give away our secret!!

What "pirate secret" are you talking about? We already know that Sandy likes to dress up and play pirate. :bike:

Kevin