PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard pics - First up "Only in New England!"

Bruce K
12-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Here's my contribution courtesy of a freind's Facebook page:

BK

jasond
12-28-2010, 09:56 AM
If you live in the NE area you know this sign is hilarious.

William
12-28-2010, 09:58 AM
It wasn't a Blizzard, it was a "Brrrr-i-cane". :rolleyes:

Too bad I didn't get pictures of me towing a tree up our road and into our yard to cut up into more manageable pieces. A Landcruiser and a tow strap is a powerful thing :D

William

BumbleBeeDave
12-28-2010, 11:10 AM
It wasn't a Blizzard, it was a "Brrrr-i-cane". :rolleyes:

Too bad I didn't get pictures of me towing a tree up our road and into our yard to cut up into more manageable pieces. A Landcruiser and a tow strap is a powerful thing :D

William

I thought you'd just grab it and pull. William, you're getting old! . . . :D

BBD

William
12-28-2010, 02:01 PM
I thought you'd just grab it and pull. William, you're getting old! . . . :D

BBD

Hey, Sunday was upper body work so I rested on Monday. ;)

Here are a few of the outbuildings. It's deceiving since there is about 8 inches on the ground at this point but the wind has blown most all the snow off the roof.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h420/SodaFuel/IMG_7558.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h420/SodaFuel/IMG_7554.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h420/SodaFuel/FJ60%20Landcruiser/IMG_7552.jpg

William

bike22
12-28-2010, 04:55 PM
business as usual in downtown boston today, most of the snow had been removed and the sidewalks dried, looked like there was no storm at all.

scrubadub
12-28-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm so screwed. We are moving to Boston in July, have never lived anywhere with snow since I was 3. Thankfully, my wife is from MA so she'll give me some hints.

I went running over Christmas in shorts and t-shirt. Making the most of it now while I can.

jasond
12-28-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm so screwed. We are moving to Boston in July, have never lived anywhere with snow since I was 3. Thankfully, my wife is from MA so she'll give me some hints.

I went running over Christmas in shorts and t-shirt. Making the most of it now while I can.

You probably have a good reason but Don't do it!

majorpat
12-28-2010, 07:48 PM
72 inches, snowiest December yet in Syracuse...been wicked slippery here since Turkey Day!

Climb01742
12-29-2010, 06:43 AM

+1
winter gets old fast here.

ti_boi
12-29-2010, 06:50 AM
Lots of shoveling to be done here.

scrubadub
12-29-2010, 11:54 AM

Sadly, the dream job (for 2 years) calls. Shoveling snow counts as cross-training though, right? :D

William
12-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Sadly, the dream job (for 2 years) calls. Shoveling snow counts as cross-training though, right? :D

Only if you use your legs. not your back....and snow throwers don't count!! :)

William

Bruce K
12-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Snowthrowers count when your driveway is 350' long and on a 7% pitch for part of it.

Two hours of walking back and forth muscling the Ariens around count for cross training in my book. :beer:

And tha doesn't count shoveling the front stairs, back deck/stairs, and the balcony off the Master Bedroom! :crap:

:fight: snowballs anyone? :rolleyes:

BK

ti_boi
12-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Someone help me understand snowshoeing. OK, on the other hand! Love to be on a snowboard. Did my first day in a loooong time yesterday. It was every bit as fun as it should have been. A perfect day!! :beer: Powder was still fresh. Nice sunshine. Great little local course. A good pal, and the whole scene was less than one hour from my house. New England? No. Darn it. But close!

Ti Designs
12-29-2010, 02:13 PM

I went riding on Monday, a bit snowy and probably the worst headwind I've ever faced on the way home, but still fun. I rode on Tuesday, still some snow on the roads and much more ice. Both of those were on my mountain bike 'cause I'm too lazy to shovel out my car. This morning it was back to base mileage on my fixed gear with my new A10 studded tires - those things are fast-proof!!! Anyone who says you can't train in New England isn't worth listening to.

William
12-29-2010, 02:22 PM
I went riding on Monday, a bit snowy and probably the worst headwind I've ever faced on the way home, but still fun. I rode on Tuesday, still some snow on the roads and much more ice. Both of those were on my mountain bike 'cause I'm too lazy to shovel out my car. This morning it was back to base mileage on my fixed gear with my new A10 studded tires - those things are fast-proof!!! Anyone who says you can't train in New England isn't worth listening to.

Ed says... HTFU Forumites!! :butt:

William :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

that guy
12-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Here's my contribution courtesy of a freind's Facebook page:

BK

In Pittsburgh you would say the roads are slippy!