PDA

View Full Version : Serotta CTI Ti 57CM

steve
05-11-2005, 01:57 PM
My nephew, a die hard mountain biker, is looking to purchase a used road bike to participate with me and my wife in an upcoming charity ride. Perhaps, with a good bike, he would also get into road biking

After extolling the virtues of the Serottas both my wife and I ride, he came across a classified ad for a 57CM Serotta CTI Ti. The bike is equipped with an Alpha Q Fork, Newton stem & bars, Rolf Vector Pro Wheels, Itallia Seat Continental Tires, Campagnolo Chorus 9 speed groupo. Asking Price $1,500, which is the upper end of his budget.

Any thoughts or comments on the bike or its value? Any idea of its vintage?l

shaq-d
05-11-2005, 02:44 PM
My nephew, a die hard mountain biker, is looking to purchase a used road bike to participate with me and my wife in an upcoming charity ride. Perhaps, with a good bike, he would also get into road biking

After extolling the virtues of the Serottas both my wife and I ride, he came across a classified ad for a 57CM Serotta CTI Ti. The bike is equipped with an Alpha Q Fork, Newton stem & bars, Rolf Vector Pro Wheels, Itallia Seat Continental Tires, Campagnolo Chorus 9 speed groupo. Asking Price $1,500, which is the upper end of his budget.

Any thoughts or comments on the bike or its value? Any idea of its vintage?l

i have a CTI. look on the bottom of the bottom bracket and tell us what it says... i.e. 98 CTI 58
or something like that

sd

Kevan
05-11-2005, 03:04 PM
to me for a used Ti bike with a good groupo. How does it look? Cables, chain, cogs look clean and in good condition? Any dents/scratches? Wheels true?