PDA

View Full Version : Crohn's Raffle Spectrum Frame - Znfdl

jlwdm
12-22-2010, 10:59 PM
In the Spring of 2009 I won a Spectrum Ti frame in Znfdl's raffle for Crohn's disease on the forum.

Life's challenges these last two years made this a long slow process, but the bike is finally built-up. Unfortunately I have not seen it yet so this is a lame post without photos.

When I got my Nove my wife pushed for a special color so I have Harlequin paint and Harlequin clear coat over the carbon. This is my Texas bike.

Then two years ago I purchased Kelly Bedford's CSI frame - last one made. My wife did not understand why I bought this frame, but it replaced an ill fitting Colnago. Stock frames just don't work for me. - Kelly's is close enough. It is primarily blue with some gold accents. Gold is not my favorite color, but it is my wife's favorite. This bike is in Arizona.

My wife eventually figured out that the Spectrum was just a frame and not a complete bike. So not really free. I went with Candy Apple Green paint with a bare titanium panel on the seat tube. My wife said the two colors did not go together - trouble.

I picked up a Chorus 11 group from the Classifieds and am trying the HED Ardennes. The bike is my Seattle bike - room for wider wheels and room for fenders. The build was completed by Veloce Velo on Mercer Island last month and been sitting in their store. I wanted to get it picked up and since my wife was in Seattle this last week I asked her to pick it up. I was worried because another bike is a sore subject.

I was shocked last night when she told me she had picked it up and it was easily the best looking bike of the three. Go figure.

Now I have to find a way to get to Seattle to ride it and to take some photos.

Thanks Znfdl.

Jeff

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m617/6ridge9/Bikes/SpectrumSeatStays.jpg

Blue Jays
12-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Not to mention getting another raffle going!
Truly a great cause and a fun way to perhaps win a cool frameset.