PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Thread

FixedNotBroken
12-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Everyone must be looking forward to these holidays..I know I am after receiving this in the mail. I will definitely start the build tonight. It would be cool for everyone to post pictures of their main rides or pictures of their builds in process!

Pete Serotta
12-22-2010, 05:44 PM
:beer: HAVE A FUN BUILD AND POST A PICTURE WHEN DONE. PETE

FixedNotBroken
12-22-2010, 05:47 PM
:beer: HAVE A FUN BUILD AND POST A PICTURE WHEN DONE. PETE

The best stocking stuffers ever, even better than all of the gift cards. Do you know the difference between the SR and Record BB cups? They randomly gave me SR cups.

Pete Serotta
12-22-2010, 05:51 PM
The best stocking stuffers ever, even better than all of the gift cards. Do you know the difference between the SR and Record BB cups? They randomly gave me SR cups.

I will find out tomorrow> Best I recall the cups are the same (at least the ones I have) PETE

AngryScientist
12-22-2010, 05:55 PM
if i remember correctly SR cups are the only ones you can use with the SR crank bearings, but you can use Record or SR cups for the Record (or lower) bearings.

I'm currently running SR cups with an athena-11 crank without issue.

looks like a fun build!!

i'll post my winter build soon too.

FixedNotBroken
12-22-2010, 06:04 PM
I am confused about the warranty stuff too. Do I have to go online and register everything? I have no clue how it works. Always have been a shimano for lifer but this stuff looks much better :)

oldpotatoe
12-22-2010, 06:15 PM
if i remember correctly SR cups are the only ones you can use with the SR crank bearings, but you can use Record or SR cups for the Record (or lower) bearings.

I'm currently running SR cups with an athena-11 crank without issue.

looks like a fun build!!

i'll post my winter build soon too.

Not true. SR cups are Record cups w/o the seals. Otherwise identical. You can and should use Record cups with SR. DUM not to have a seal.

oldpotatoe
12-22-2010, 06:17 PM
I am confused about the warranty stuff too. Do I have to go online and register everything? I have no clue how it works. Always have been a shimano for lifer but this stuff looks much better :)

Might want to copy a few of the serial numbers off a few of the parts, forward to Campagnolo NA, to make sure you have a warranty. Not sure but like most, these came from a UK reseller?

FixedNotBroken
12-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Might want to copy a few of the serial numbers off a few of the parts, forward to Campagnolo NA, to make sure you have a warranty. Not sure but like most, these came from a UK reseller?

Nope! The LBS I go to is an hour away (I drive for amazing service) so I had them ship me the group. Everything comes with the warranty. Do I need to go online to do that?

oldpotatoe
12-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Nope! The LBS I go to is an hour away (I drive for amazing service) so I had them ship me the group. Everything comes with the warranty. Do I need to go online to do that?

Wow, in every crowd there is 10%. GOOD for you supporting your LBS.

Your bike shop can do it if they are a ProShop, otherwise call Campagnolo NA

1-760-931-0106

FORZA!

FixedNotBroken
12-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Wow, in every crowd there is 10%. GOOD for you supporting your LBS.

Your bike shop can do it if they are a ProShop, otherwise call Campagnolo NA

1-760-931-0106

FORZA!

They cut me a good deal so I didn't mind paying a couple hundred dollars to get it from them. Is there a huge difference other than the graphics/colors between the 2010 and 2011?

They aren't a ProShop but they sell quite a bit of the Campy stuff. Is the NA open 24/7?

AngryScientist
12-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Not true. SR cups are Record cups w/o the seals. Otherwise identical. You can and should use Record cups with SR. DUM not to have a seal.

ah hah, thanks OP, looks like i might want to change over to record cups over the winter!

Ti Designs
12-22-2010, 07:13 PM
I feel like the little poor boy who gets nothing on Christmas...

FixedNotBroken
12-22-2010, 07:15 PM
ah hah, thanks OP, looks like i might want to change over to record cups over the winter!

I didn't even know that..I guess it was a bonus for me to get the SR cups :hello: they included them without adding anything on.

thegunner
12-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Everyone must be looking forward to these holidays..I know I am after receiving this in the mail. I will definitely start the build tonight. It would be cool for everyone to post pictures of their main rides or pictures of their builds in process!

not i good sir, i had to downgrade and sell a bunch of parts on my bike just so i could keep it and afford to race in the spring. :(

FixedNotBroken
12-22-2010, 07:40 PM
not i good sir, i had to downgrade and sell a bunch of parts on my bike just so i could keep it and afford to race in the spring. :(

What did you downgrade to?

thegunner
12-22-2010, 07:44 PM
What did you downgrade to?

corima aeros -> ksyrium elites
sram red shifters/rd/cassette/brakes -> sram force 2009 stuff + generic brakes -> which now features a set of centaur shifters

not huge stuff, just needed to cover dues/racing fees :o

FixedNotBroken
12-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Well, other than the weight..I don't think there is a huge difference between the two. At least you sold what you had to get other stuff without paying much out of pocket?

oldpotatoe
12-23-2010, 08:01 AM
They cut me a good deal so I didn't mind paying a couple hundred dollars to get it from them. Is there a huge difference other than the graphics/colors between the 2010 and 2011?

They aren't a ProShop but they sell quite a bit of the Campy stuff. Is the NA open 24/7?

For Record, not much. Essentially SR 2010 w/o the titanium.

Campagnolo NA isn't really open 9 to 5 seems...they are probably gone for the holidays, try again on Monday. They are in Carlsbad, CA. They close for lunch, very Italiano.

steampunk
12-23-2010, 09:24 AM

you need to register here:
http://www.11speedowner.campagnolo.com/Login.aspx

enter the serial numbers for the left and right shifter, front and rear derailleur and crankset.

FixedNotBroken
12-23-2010, 10:15 PM
I will be doing that on Saturday :) all of you might make fun of me but when I received it all, I opened it of course and looked at everything but when I got to thinking, it would make me even happier to re-open them on Christmas because it's a present to myself considering I had to buy a majority of gifts for my wife and kids, as always :hello:

oliver1850
12-23-2010, 11:01 PM
good idea, perhaps I will wrap up some bike stuff for myself too.

enjoy your new parts.

bigbill
12-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Here is mine. It's still a pile of tubes but by February it will be a badass steel frame with Max chainstays and fork (the fork is already made and is at the platers) with a 38mm downtube. It will be deep brown like ground coffee beans with cream panels. The drivetrain will be Record/Chorus with Mavic SSC brakes and Cosmic SL wheels. Ben Farver (Argonaut) in Portland is the builder.

Ti Designs
12-24-2010, 01:58 AM
good idea, perhaps I will wrap up some bike stuff for myself too.

I fear the spirit of giving has taken a wrong turn somewhere...

FixedNotBroken
12-24-2010, 02:47 AM
I fear the spirit of giving has taken a wrong turn somewhere...

To be quite honest with you, I haven't treated myself in a long time when it comes to bike stuff. I figured I might as well at some point.

I hope the bike turns out nicely! That is going to be one stiff ride..Are you going to have the fork painted as well?