PDA

View Full Version : American Classic 205 rear hub Campagnolo question

cmg
12-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Does anyone know if the American Classic 205 (17mm) rear hub is suppose to have a 1.5mm spacer between the endcap and freehub bearing similar to what they show for the 15mm hub? The problem i'm having is that the endcap on the cassette side doesn't stick out far enough on the frame side to prevent the rear dropout from hitting the cassette. i suspect a 1.5 mm spacer didn't make it's way back on to the axle during a bearing replacement but i'm not sure it had one to begin with. anyone have this problem? it's for campagnolo cassettes.

kramnnim
12-22-2010, 06:26 AM
I just woke up from not enough sleep...on my AC 205 hub with Shimano FH body, there is a small spacer between the bearing in the FH body and the bearing in the drive side of the hub...don't remember there being any other spacers.

cmg
12-22-2010, 07:54 AM
that's what i thought. Now the hassle of trying to find the spacers. any idea on locating the spacers? I'll try a local AC dealer but they carry the wheelsets not the small parts.

kramnnim
12-22-2010, 01:34 PM
AC will sell you one if you call them...shipping will probably cost 5 times more than the spacer, though.

Don't bother emailing them, many have said they never respond. Phone service is good, though.