PDA

View Full Version : Ping: Sandy

Kurt
05-10-2005, 04:52 PM
I just read that you are still unhappy with your climbing performance – I like you am overweight for my height – I was pushing 240 when I started cycling 5 years ago and the lowest I have been was last year when I cycled in the alps, around the mid-180’s - I am 6' btw – god, what a difference. The weather was awful in LA during the winter, I just pretty much sat around and ate you know what all the time. I got sick of where I was, grabbed the most successful racer in our club and had him map a plan for me – I since 4/4/2005 I have gone from 205 to 190.5 as of this morning and it has not been that hard. I am not going to be presumptuous and think that you want to know what he and many of the others are doing (club is ranked 7th the nation – 2 of the c4’s are 1st&2nd ) so if you are interested I will post here I guess so others may benefit. My pm area is full, btw, need to prune some stuff. I also have about 40mb worth of pdf’s, articles, calculators, recipes, weight training manuals, etc that a successful person (to say the least) was nice to post from the belly off club @ men’s health – if you or anyone has some web space I would be glad to pass the files – I have a limit on bandwidth or else I would do it myself. The tips are not rocket science, but all one needs is that magic bullet or winning combo to make it all come together.

weisan
05-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Kurt-pal (aka Weight-Wennie-Wennie-Winkie),

I can host your weight-laden load on my server as a community service in return for the collateral damage I have done to the forum today and the days ahead. Just let me know. Thank you!

weisan

Kurt
05-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Kurt-pal (aka Weight-Wennie-Wennie-Winkie),

I can host your weight-laden load on my server as a community service in return for the collateral damage I have done to the forum today and the days ahead. Just let me know. Thank you!

weisan

Sounds good - I just cleared some pm space - what I will do is zip and mount it on a server, pm you the link and once you download it you can do what you need to. There are a number of items that I think would be copyrighted, men's health did not censor it, I will let you be the judge. You and the others will be blown away of all the great material. This guy, "coulditbe" is a total monster, I wish I had a pic of him handy, just unreal - he went through a total transformation – he was as I recall a 46yo guy, around 240# and went down to the low 150’s @ 10%BF – did a ton of weight lifting and you cannot believe the results – I just take what I want from all the great info – don’t have nearly the time or desire he did, but I do want to enjoy cycling when I do it and suffering up hills is not part of the equation for me. Here are some links to get interested parties started:

http://forums.menshealth.com/thread.jspa?threadID=119090&tstart=0

http://myfitnessjournal.blogspot.com/2004_06_01_myfitnessjournal_archive.html

http://forums.menshealth.com/thread.jspa?threadID=179381&messageID=3054010#3054010

weisan
05-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Kurt-pal, I have sent you a PM with specific instructions on how to upload all the stuff you have onto the server. It's pretty straightforward, kinda like the way you move files around on the computer (drag&drop, cut&paste, whatever). Lastly, you can do it all through your internet browser, no special software required. If you encounter any problems, just let me know.

weisan