PDA

View Full Version : HAH NOT OT: United Bike Inst vs Barnett

1happygirl
12-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Planning my To Do list for next year:

soooo... Does anyone know about the differences in these two places. I see the UBI has a cool little 5 day Woman's class for beginners.

Plus for Barnett is the location. A little ski or maybe winter driving skool (want to feel comfy driving on snow/ice). So...two things in one place here.

Everyone here is so knowledgeable so there was probably no need for it. Its just on the list as I would like to know more. I took a beginner's class as an elective/CE first semester in collage(ha) but forgot everything and the gruppos have changed anyway.

So if anyone has any info/thoughts, please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!

CNY rider
12-21-2010, 06:22 PM
I don't know anything about the two classes but I do have Barnett's Manual and it is an invaluable resource.

Wilkinson4
12-21-2010, 07:39 PM
I took Barnett's class 22 years ago! I can't believe how time flies and how much things have changed but it was a great time and invaluable to me. Bring a bike and ride up gold camp road... If in the summer, come join us for the Gold Belt Century:)

http://coloradodirtroads.blogspot.com/p/gold-belt-century.html

mIKE

1happygirl
12-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Hey thanks for the replies. I meant to check the price of Barnett. I think the UBI was like $695 plus the time off work. I didn't know how much the Barnett is.

That's 2 votes for Barnett and answers my question that regular peeps can go to Barnett. I knew they could to UBI.

Thanks

deanster
12-22-2010, 01:57 AM
Hey thanks for the replies. I meant to check the price of Barnett. I think the UBI was like $695 plus the time off work. I didn't know how much the Barnett is.

That's 2 votes for Barnett and answers my question that regular peeps can go to Barnett. I knew they could to UBI.

Thanks

Depending on when you can go Ashland is a great place. If you MTB or road ride there are plenty of places to ride. You could visit Crater Lake after your class is over. Portland is a Bikers paradise but, can be a little wet.
Both UBI and Barrett are good. Just thought I would balance things out a little...
BTW: I live in Boulder, CO