PDA

View Full Version : Serotta warranty service...two thumps up!!!

Maxsec
05-10-2005, 03:06 PM
The upper seatstay weld on my CSi failed recently, and my LBS (Bicycle Garage Indy) sent it in to Serotta for an evaluation last week. Today I was informed what Serotta did and are going to do for me.

First they stripped the bike of all paint to see if there where any other problems with the frame. To remedy the problem they are replacing my seat stays and they are going to repaint my fame at no charge.

Above and beyond the call of duty in my opinion. I was just expecting them to strip the paint in the area of the problem, reweld and repaint.

Makes me glad that I purchased another Serotta last spring, a CXII. :banana:

Smiley
05-10-2005, 05:25 PM
They can't put a torch on a frame without a full re-paint . Its just can't work any other way .

Too Tall
05-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Max, Serotta is a top dog company and the service you are getting is what's expected. If that happened with any of my bikes I'd expect the same from cats like CoMotion, Pegoretti, Seven etc. Is your experience above and beyond, not. Business as usual, yep. Your appreciation, GREAT to hear :)

Ken Lehner
05-11-2005, 07:55 AM
They did the same when I discovered a crack in the chainstay bridge of my Legend two years ago. They also repainted the EMS fork! My only complaint is that the purple they used in the champagne-to-purple fade was a different purple: the old purple had that metallic sparkly effect, while the new was a flat purple.