PDA

View Full Version : Seirus gloves?

CNY rider
12-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Anybody have experience with this brand?
Looking for a stretch glove, the kind of thing you would wear to XC ski in 20-30F weather or bike ride 30-40F.
I found an ad for them.
Have never seen/heard of them before, but then I don't get out much!
Thanks.

93legendti
12-18-2010, 05:05 PM
I had the mid level glove and it wasn't warm enough for me in those temps, BUT my hands get cold easily. I basically wore them in the car while driving. I returned the gloves to Backcountry because they seemed to be falling apart after 2 years.

CNY rider
12-19-2010, 07:04 AM
Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
I'm going to check out Craft, they are my tried and true for winter gear.

93legendti
12-19-2010, 07:15 AM
You're welcome.

wasfast
12-19-2010, 08:09 AM
I bought a pair of medium weight neoprene gloves with thin fleece lining that claimed fully waterproof. Never had good luck with them for rain riding (the specific purpose I bought them for). After a recent washing and trying to wrestle the liners back in for the Nth time, I cut the fleece liners out.

The "waterproof" was a sandwich of plastic film between the outer and inner. Considering the Glacier gloves for a waterproof alternative at this point.

Bob Ross
12-19-2010, 10:14 AM
I'd never heard of Seirus either two weeks ago, when my wife bought me a pair for my birthday. For temps in the mid- to high-30s they seem just about perfect. Too warm for 40s imho, not warm enough for sub-freezing. Need to try them with a glove liner, see if that helps. I'll definitely get a lot of use out of these though.

djg
12-19-2010, 10:34 AM
They've been making ski gloves, face masks, etc., for some time. I've had some decent products from them. Like all of these companies with wide product lines (North Face for outdoor gear, Castelli for cycling), different models can be pretty darn different. Not sure where I'd rate them, but I wouldn't consider them the sort of untested stuff I'd want to avoid.

rickbb
12-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I'll echo that the Seirus liner becomes a liability after a short while if your hands sweat at all. Nearly impossible to get the finger liners back in place.