PDA

View Full Version : Clothing for tall people...

acckids
12-16-2010, 03:22 PM
I searched the forum and could not find anything on jersey's for tall people. I know Zinn sells Large Tall but could not find any others.

I usually wear a Large Tall. The regular Large is too short on long sleeve jersey.

Any links.

Thanks.

Ahneida Ride
12-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the Club ...

Nothing fits right .... get used to it ... :crap:

rnhood
12-16-2010, 05:04 PM
I don't currently own one but, I can't imagine anything from Wabi Woolens (http://wabiwoolens.com/) being less than stellar quality - and they offer "Long" versions. And being wool is all the more advantage in cooler weather. Too Tall, ex-Serotta forum contributor and now moderator of Velocipede speaks very highly of these jerseys - and I believe he likes his stuff tall. I'm very close to ordering one myself.

nahtnoj
12-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah, there was a great thread on VSalon a few weeks ago on clothing for tall people. I think Saab started it? Are you a member over there? Seems silly to re-hash all that good info.

ti_boi
12-16-2010, 06:19 PM
I have always had pretty good luck with Pearl Izumi. Especially this nicer stuff as it seems to hang nicely. (XL Tall guy here) :beer:

Elefantino
12-16-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm 6-5 and wear Nashbar bib tights because they come in tall.

Some PI jerseys are long.

Cannondale bib shorts have lots of give in the straps. I am mostly torso, so that helps. And their pads rock.

Assos bibs were painful.

veggieburger
12-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Keep away from Sugoi, unless you want a belly-top.

CaptStash
12-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Try JL Velo (http://www.jlracing.com/#)

Full Disclosure: JL is owned by friends of mine. Ken is the guy who got me into cycling in the first place, and is 6' 6" (ex Elite Javelin thrower of all things). It won't be cheap, but the quality will be superior. They provide the rowing clothes for most of the National teams around the world and their new cycling line seems pretty sharp. (Plus Ken has great taste in custom bikes!)

CaptStash....