PDA

View Full Version : Props for Easton Customer Service

regularguy412
12-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Just a short note to follow up on my Easton wheel saga. After only putting approximately 1,000 miles on my Easton EC 09 SLs, I broke a rear drive-side spoke. I was given the option to either replace it myself with a spoke they would send to me or return the wheel to their California location for replacement. I opted to send the wheel back.

Admittedly, it _did_ take about 8 weeks to get the wheel back, but the good news is they replaced the entire wheel-- brand, spankin' new wheel -- new freehub (the good 'universal' one), new spokes, new rim.

Very pleased.

Mike in AR:beer:

avalonracing
12-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Wow! I have two sets of the SLX model. Hope I don't break any spokes in a few years. :D

godfrey1112000
12-16-2010, 07:49 AM
very good service, cracked a carbon stem after three years and they replaced it immediately, 5 year warrenty, no questions asked, did not even want to inspect it, lbs just put a new one on and set in the broken on to Easton

now they are with blackburn and bell/giro or the other way around

bell, giro, blackburn and easton all great service on products

FSA should be looking at them as an example for great customer service

rice rocket
12-16-2010, 08:02 AM
FSA should be looking at them as an example for great customer service
FSA should be looking to anyone for great anything.

They must cut a helluva deal to mfgs, because most their products suck.

Sorry, OT.

Easton products are good, but they've had a line of recalls lately that aren't so inspiring. i.e. their $800 carbon cranksets, EC90 seatposts, EA30 stems...maybe some more.

avalonracing
12-16-2010, 08:31 AM
FSA has given me good tech support and advice and also sent me some small parts and not charged me. It just goes to show that each case is different.

With the number of FSA parts out there I'm sure that they get lost of JRA ("I was just ridin' along and it broke") complaints.

19wisconsin64
12-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Yup, Easton has great customer service! I race on the Easton TKO track carbon wheelset (use the carbon track bars too), and needed some parts for the rear wheel. They sent them to me for free right away.

Great products in my experience!