PDA

View Full Version : Giro online

jeffhall
05-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey, this wasn't half bad! No Bob Roll (that seems to be a good thing) but no Phil or Paul (not good or bad).

It is a chance to work on your Italian some. No play by play but some opportunities to overhear the crowd.

And for you Vets, a chance to re-live your days of arriving in a hot LZ but without the incoming rounds!

Give it a try. The more folks watching the better the chances of getting good future coverage!

Onno
05-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Are you referring to the OLN web feed?

Onno

Brian
05-09-2005, 02:54 PM
I agree with Jeff. And while there’s a part of me that’s still a little ticked at OLN for not showing the race daily, I can think of many worse ways to spend $6.

jeffhall
05-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Yes, the streaming video. It's not a bad idea but the video quality is bad and it would be nice to have more info.

Bill Bove
05-09-2005, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=jeffhall]

And for you Vets, a chance to re-live your days of arriving in a hot LZ but without the incoming rounds!

I know what you mean, I'm sitting here in front of my terminal feeling up my chest making sure my web gear is in place! Some sounds and smells never leave you.

weisan
05-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Hey Bill, seems like ages since we heard from you...SO, it's FATCAT Bicycles huh? ;) Is your avatar the store graphics?

Bill Bove
05-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Weisan, yes and yes. Never move a business. I'm still in the middle of it, what a hassle.

weisan
05-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Weisan, yes and yes. Never move a business. I'm still in the middle of it, what a hassle.

Cool! Why don't you ask your customers to help? I am sure it would be a lot easier and faster. :D

If I am there, I would surely come and give you a hand. I have my eyes on those Carbon Orbea for a while now. :banana:

weisan

Madship
05-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Unfortunately there is no mac support. I was all set to sign up this morning, but was denied. :crap:

Onno
05-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Is there any way of fast forwarding when watching the archived show? I'm still just looking at a fence, and I don't want to watch the whole two and a half hours. One of the pleasures of taping bicycle races is that you can skip ahead to the exciting bits....

Onno