PDA

View Full Version : Sad

CPP
12-14-2010, 12:05 PM
First the luxury pro team buses which deprive the tifosi of seeing their heroes before and after races and now this!

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/12/news/basque-country-official-wants-to-charge-to-watch-bike-races_153004

Il mondo es malato!

A1CKot
12-14-2010, 12:23 PM
I would have to agree that it would be impossible. It should be like a auto race. They should have the area around the finish blocked off and charge for administration. But they would need to provide a way to watch the race and some other sort of entertainment. Charging people that line the roads... no one would line the roads and the sport would lose something special. Just my thoughts but sad indeed.

johnnymossville
12-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Not a bad idea about blocking the area around the finish line for people who want to pay.

Imagine Big Screens showing the race live, with a band playing a live concert until 10 minutes before they roll into town. I'd pay for that once in awhile.

GregL
12-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Not a bad idea about blocking the area around the finish line for people who want to pay.

Imagine Big Screens showing the race live, with a band playing a live concert until 10 minutes before they roll into town. I'd pay for that once in awhile.

Already done. My wife bought me tickets for the 2003 worlds in Hamilton, ON. Tickets were required for the prime seats in the stands at the start/finish and at the top of the longest climb. Big screens in both locations. Neat experience, but pricy...

97CSI
12-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Already done. My wife bought me tickets for the 2003 worlds in Hamilton, ON. Tickets were required for the prime seats in the stands at the start/finish and at the top of the longest climb. Big screens in both locations. Neat experience, but pricy...Welcome to the Philadelphia June race.