PDA

View Full Version : Ritchey WCS post trouble

akelman
12-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the clamp on a Ritchey WCS post slipping, no matter how much it's tightened down? And if so, do you have any solutions to suggest? Beyond getting a Thomson instead, I mean. Because no matter how many times I tighten my saddle in the clamp, it keeps slipping: first nose up (ouch!), and now nose down (whee!). Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Ralph
12-12-2010, 06:29 AM
I have no solutions for you. I use two of the aluminum WCS posts on different bikes. The two bolt versions. And they don't slip on my bikes. Any grease anywhere? If you are using their one bolt design, maybe the two bolt head can be fitted.

CNY rider
12-12-2010, 06:37 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the clamp on a Ritchey WCS post slipping, no matter how much it's tightened down? And if so, do you have any solutions to suggest? Beyond getting a Thomson instead, I mean. Because no matter how many times I tighten my saddle in the clamp, it keeps slipping: first nose up (ouch!), and now nose down (whee!). Thanks, in advance, for your help.

The solution for me was to make it the post I clamp to when working on my bikes in the workstand.
I just finally couldn't take it any more and gave up.
Get a Nitto or a Thomson.

Smiley
12-12-2010, 06:41 AM
The solution for me was to make it the post I clamp to when working on my bikes in the workstand.
I just finally couldn't take it any more and gave up.
Get a Nitto or a Thomson.

+10000 happened to me on the expensive WCS post brand, the cheaper versions no problem

Ti Designs
12-12-2010, 06:57 AM
You forgot to tell if it's the one bolt or two bolt design, and which saddle you're using - more to the point, if it has round rails or not. A number of saddles use different size rails for which Ritchey makes pieces for their single bolt post. When put together right, that single bolt design is the easiest to adjust and one of the most secure posts out there.

endosch2
12-12-2010, 07:16 AM
I have Ritchey WCS posts on both my rides - I have never had them loosen.

kramnnim
12-12-2010, 07:48 AM
I had the same issues with my 2 bolt alloy WCS post. I tightened the bolts as much as I dared, and then some...it hasn't moved since, but I'm afraid I'll find something stripped next time I change the saddle...

Songline
12-12-2010, 09:32 AM
I have Ritchey WCS posts on both my rides - I have never had them loosen.

+1. No problems here. I have the two-bolt design. The bolts need to be tightened to 16nm (it's written on the underside of the clamp). I use a torque wrench and the clamp has help perfectly.

eddief
12-12-2010, 10:01 AM
the company should be big enough these days to want to do some customer service.

akelman
12-12-2010, 11:02 AM
It's the 2 bolt post. This one, to be precise. (http://www.amazon.com/Ritchey-2-Bolt-Road-Bicycle-Seatpost/dp/images/B00165EBWG/ref=dp_image_x_0?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&img=0&color_name=x) And yes, I know what the post says with regard to torque. That didn't work. Nor did torquing the bolts well beyond that point. Anyway, I switched it out for a Thomson last night. I can't risk having today's ride ruined. I'll probably try to give Ritchey a call on Monday. Thanks, all.