PDA

View Full Version : Sage Cycles or BikePartsExpress?

Cinci Jim
12-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Anyone have any recent info on this company? I bought from them 2 years ago and had a great experience. I recently placed another order and after the initial email confirming the order, nothing. No email with tracking number or anything. I have now called many times with all calls rolling into vmail hell and no call back.

I liked the idea of buying from a real LBS style bike shop, but now I just feel like I got screwed.

Anyone know anything about their status?

BengeBoy
12-11-2010, 05:05 PM
I bought from them 2 years ago when they were Sage; I still get their emails but haven't bought from them.

They're in Ogden, Utah, probably still open today.

Website says this: "If you need to talk to the boss: rick@sagecycles.com."

Sounds to me like you need to talk to the boss...

Cinci Jim
12-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Sounds to me like you need to talk to the boss...

Tried that - still no reply...

BengeBoy
12-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Tried that - still no reply...

Time to cancel the order.

Cancel the order w/them; call your credit card company and tell them not to accept the charge; order somewhere else.

Life's too short.

proletariandan
01-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Just confirming that these guys are scammers. Ordered a week ago - no communication, nobody answering the phones, filed a report with Paypal.

nrs5000
01-29-2014, 04:04 PM
I ordered with them at the end of the year. No communication, emailed 3 times to say I was going to dispute the charge. No response. Next day the order shipped and arrived 2 days later. Pretty irritating experience.

irideslow8401
01-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Enuff said..

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/hot-deals/sage-cycles-san-antonio-203466.html

doomridesout
01-29-2014, 05:46 PM
I know of an LBS-type place, which is conveniently physically located around the corner from you, where you can lay eyes on the products you are buying before deciding to commit. If I have to spell it out...

oldpotatoe
01-29-2014, 06:07 PM
I know of an LBS-type place, which is conveniently physically located around the corner from you, where you can lay eyes on the products you are buying before deciding to commit. If I have to spell it out...

Well, sometimes.......

proletariandan
01-29-2014, 06:19 PM

Could you please elaborate?

irideslow8401
01-29-2014, 10:19 PM
i believe this Sage Cycles is like parts broker that never had anything in stocks..the part selection are huge if you look at their site and never show they were out of stock..They take money upfront then go look for any warehouse that carries the parts ..that's why most of the orders rarely take less than 3 weeks to ship. When they can't find the parts, they then just quietly return your $$$ and we customers lose time and energy trying to look for other parts and deal with collecting our own money.
My take is this is a Ponzi scheme type of business..If you look at this, most of those screwed up orders always took longer than 21 day for money to return...if they can lure enough people to make order per day then they can use this money free interest in 30 days bc the money only got refunded little by little unless nobody order...i've first experienced with this type of Sage Cycles Texas/Bikespartexpress, BeyondBike store in 2010 and people are still falling for this type of business now.

Best online cycling stores in my opinion is CC, Backcountry, PBK, Wiggle, Jenson, Nashbar, Performance. In addition, Slowtwitch, Paceline are excellent and Ebay also has bunch of good shops for used/new parts as well and their communication/services are way better.