PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day

Kevin
05-08-2005, 05:25 AM
I know that we have a limited number of ladies who participate on the forum, and I am not sure if any of the ladies have children, but Happy Mother's Day to all that it applies.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
05-08-2005, 07:22 AM
. . . and Happy Holiday to all the OTHER “mothers” on this forum, too! ;) :rolleyes: :beer: :banana: :banana:

“Mother”BBDave

Kevin
05-08-2005, 08:04 AM
. . . and Happy Holiday to all the OTHER “mothers” on this forum, too! ;) :rolleyes: :beer: :banana: :banana:

“Mother”BBDave

Thank you.

Kevin

RABikes2
05-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Thank you Kevin! I am a Mom (notice I didn't say Mother; since I have been known to be a "mother", when times have called for it. :p )

My son, Andrew (14), got up before me today. That in itself is an accomplishment on his part. He had set two alarms and then kept waking up before the alarms because he was concerned he'd sleep through them. He had breakfast made for me; cereal, cutup banana, orange juice, and coffee. Gave me a bag he decorated with two amaryllis attached to it. (He cut the amaryllis out of my flower garden ;) ). Inside the bag was a homemade Mom's card, a bag of valentine heart candy, and two pieces of bead jewelry he made for me. Trust me, Andrew went above and beyond to make jewelry for me...he does NOT :no: like to do that stuff at all, but knew it would please me. Why? Because I was bending over my bike a few months ago and my favorite RonJon necklace (surfer jewelry) got caught on my brake lever as I came up and broke into hundreds of pieces (don't ask, I couldn't duplicate the move again if I tried.) Anyway, one piece he made is a bead necklace (black, chrome, pewter, and dull silver beads) and the other has the same type of pieces, but it's longer and on a stretchy cord; this piece is for my reading glasses that adorn my neck most of the time now.

What wonderful surprises. He sat with me while I ate and then he promptly went back to bed. I wanted to go to the beach for a few hours, but when he gets up, he needs to study for finals, which start tomorrow; Andrew graduates from 8th grade the following week. It's a really big deal graduating from 8th grade in the catholic middle school here. After a week of finals, he starts a week of party's, dances, a retreat, picnics, and graduation evening on May 19th.

What a kid...while sitting with me at breakfast, he says, "Why don't you go do something you'd like to do, why don't you go for a bike ride, Mom."

There are ups and downs with children. Today is definitely an up; priceless time with my son :) :) . Hopefully I will remember today as Andrew and I navigate through his teenage years.

Thanks Kevin, for the Happy Mom's Day wish; what a nice day! :D

RA