PDA

View Full Version : rock on mario de clerk

oracle
02-01-2004, 01:47 PM
i'm so pleased to see mario podum with a silver, and in such dramatic fashion. so many have disparaged de clerk this year, calling him washed up, no longer a threat, and from sven nys:

As for De Clercq, Nys said that "If Bart or I are 100 percent, Mario will not win again. I am not afraid of him any more.

where did sven finish? oh wait, he didn't. hopefully, unless he's just really sick of the scene, mario will be around next season, and the next.....

belgian beer for everyone!:beer: :beer: :beer:

ora-(burp)-cle

shinomaster
02-01-2004, 03:34 PM
those Belgians can just do no wrong! I was bummed when I missed Erwin Vervecken when he came to race in Portland last fall! He showed everyone how to ride. Too bad Page finished so far down//

oracle
02-02-2004, 10:18 AM
it was my impression that your local boys held their own against vervecken (ok he won) and made it pretty tough for him.

oracle

shinomaster
02-02-2004, 12:36 PM
the word on the street was that he could have put even more time on the local crowd but chose not to. The racers I know say he was just on a different level...from space or somewhere..
When I saw page race at Nationals he did the same thing to the field and he is nowhere near as fast as Erwin...

oracle
02-02-2004, 12:42 PM
there was a report that de clerc is trying to get page on pallmans-collstrop for next season. looks like he'll at least race one more season.:beer: :beer: :beer:

oracle