PDA

View Full Version : Has this been discussed here?

flydhest
12-10-2010, 07:32 AM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/belgian-amateur-champion-receives-one-year-ban

ahumblecycler
12-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Tainted supplements is nothing new (large recall in U.S. around April/May for a supplement that contained unspecified steroids and did in fact lead to positives resulting in some Triple A suspensions - no fault to the players) as well as the argument that "I did not know" (e.g., Bonds with his famous arthritis cream argument).

I am not passing judgment.

I heavily research and monitor what I consume for this very reason.

eddief
12-10-2010, 07:54 AM
even after I clicked on your message, i still did not know what it was about. and then when it was open, i still had to click on another link to find out what you wanted us to comment on. it helps us web-addicted surfers decide if we want to spend time on your message.

rockdude
12-10-2010, 07:55 AM
He got off easy. Here in the US, he would have gotten 2 years and forces to testify against other riders.

zap
12-10-2010, 09:43 AM
snip

I heavily research and monitor what I consume for this very reason.

What sources and how do you monitor.

false_Aest
12-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Someone from RKP recently wrote an interesting "article" about being able to "detect" antibiotics in his turkey sandwich by smelling his pee.

I don't mean to bring this up in order to debate whether this is possible or whether his "article" is full of ????. It's certainly dubious at best and the author admits that.

I don't doubt that there is legit stuff that's tainted (I don't care if its accidental or not). If I can get DHEA O-T-C at my local Walgreens or CVS and that same company makes a bunch of other supplements or drugs . . . contamination is possible.

What's interesting to me is that some cycling nobody (i.e. he's not pro) is able to detect something amiss (and then trace it back). If an amateur is able to do this and its not even his job *** can't PROs?

benb
12-10-2010, 12:55 PM
I'd bet the chances of an amateur being able to do some kind of home test is much better then a pro.

After all most of us amateurs have day jobs that don't involve cycling. I'd bet there are more biologists & lab techs who are amateur racers then their are pros.

Likewise folks on this forum are much more likely to be able to give legal advice or technical (e.x. computer) advice then the average pro cyclist.