PDA

View Full Version : Denver area folks: Denver Spoke is liquidating

tim11
12-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Just a heads up. I was over there today and it's been pretty picked over (read: no half price Pinarellos). Still some good basic stuff, though.

http://denverspoke.com/

oldpotatoe
12-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Just a heads up. I was over there today and it's been pretty picked over (read: no half price Pinarellos). Still some good basic stuff, though.

http://denverspoke.com/

Was Dennis there? Really knowledgeable, great guy.

Too bad, a good pro shop onceuponatime. Has been slipping ever since Dong died.Even with a really good sales guy, Dennis, but not enough sales, too many bills..

Wilkinson4
12-08-2010, 08:31 AM
What? Why am I always late? Bummer, I bought my first race bike there on layaway as a poor teenager. A sweet Ciocc I wish I still had. I am going out of town and won't be back till Sat. Any winter clothes left?

mIKE

RIP Dong

Hawker
12-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Any chance they have any small frames left...48-49cm?

spacemen3
12-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Wow! I used to live less than a block from it. :|

bikser
12-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Nothing to speak of left right now. I did talk to Dennis, ownership changed, so they'll be reopening as a high end shop late this month, early next month. All new inventory and bike brands.

tim11
12-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah, limited selection. If you wear a euro medium there was some Giordana sitting around. Found a used set of Lightweights in the back. Otherwise, not too much.

oldpotatoe
12-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Nothing to speak of left right now. I did talk to Dennis, ownership changed, so they'll be reopening as a high end shop late this month, early next month. All new inventory and bike brands.

Same location? Dennis staying?

Surprised they are trying to get rid of inventory that they could use....

RkyMtn
12-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Same location? Dennis staying?

Surprised they are trying to get rid of inventory that they could use....

I think the key to your query is in the previous quote "ownership changed".

Nice to meet some Denver bikers here! Chandler at Denver Spoke is a very knowledgeable tech and I have him tuning my Peg, Kirk, C'dale, Serotta... If you need tech help, he is a GREAT person to seek out for help!

Would any of you like to meet up at the shop and go for a ride? Even laps around Wash Park?

Cheers,

Eric