PDA

View Full Version : New Horizons in Indoor Training

dumbod
12-05-2010, 07:41 AM
http://www.ciclotte.com/

And it's only $9,900 (plus shipping and handling.) For the hedge-fund manager who has everything. It's striking looking but gee whiz.

stephenmarklay
12-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Why?

1centaur
12-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Too bad the flash cannot be copied and pasted because there's plenty to poke fun at.

$10,000 for one.

The bit under "pedal mechanism" about assuring maximum acoustical comfort when training by unhooking of the pedal mechanism sounds suspicious.

The bit about epicycloid transmission system provides fodder for those who like to pick on the term "epic" regarding cycling.

And there's something about how it would work well on a yacht.

All that said, as visual design I think it's clever/striking and perfect for Hollywood set designers ("Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" would be the neighborhood, but Russian oligarchs in a Mission Impossible movie would work too). Too bad they used the line about being reminiscent of the unicycle of the 1800s.

false_Aest
12-05-2010, 08:03 PM
It sucks Seriously

Why?

1 needs carbon paste for assembly
2 not bb30 or bb86
3 no ISM (or is it P . . . is it a post or a mast?)
4 has the equiv of downtube shifting.
5 no water bottle cage
6 the platform pedals are ugly

dave thompson
12-05-2010, 08:28 PM
I should have one. It would be perfect in my gym room overlooking the Bodensee. I'm debating on the color.

Louis
12-05-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm debating on the color.

Buy one of each, try them all out, and throw away the styles your interior decorator does not like.