PDA

View Full Version : Ride tomorrow morning from my home

Smiley
05-06-2005, 07:55 AM
I am posting here so the DC metro area riders can join me . Sandy , DanL , Rapid Tourist , Oldmill , pbbob , spectrum bob etc . Lets ride from my house on Oldfield at 10:30 AM Saturday and head towards points near Darnestown . I'll be riding my Kogswell fixee so I don't plan to hammer . What say you all ? DanL , bring the fixee , Sandy , ride in one gear . Contact me for directions or info , if we know your coming we'll wait for you . magoo252@comcast.net

Sandy
05-06-2005, 08:04 AM
I will be there.

:) ing Sandy

RABikes2
05-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Physically in Florida riding tomorrow, but with you in spirit!
Be safe and have fun!
:banana: RA

Sandy
05-06-2005, 09:14 AM
We will miss you at Saratoga Springs.

Sad Saratoga Springs Sandy

Rapid Tourist
05-06-2005, 10:17 AM
THe Tourist will be riding fixed! :banana:

Smiley
05-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Tourist , is the saddle FIXED too , or is the bike FIXED or better yet are both issues FIXED now :banana:

Bruce K
05-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Just so long as Tourist isn't fixed, right Sandy?

I am sure the weather down there will be much better than up here. Enjoy!

As for me, ANOTHER D+++ TRAINER SESSION. :crap: :crap: :crap:

BK

weisan
05-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Have a great ride, kids! :banana:

As to fixed or not fixed, my lugged steel was converted back to its previous geared format so that it can report back to **regular duty**. :D I enjoyed riding fixed but I missed my lugged steel too much to leave it at home when I am going on "epic" rides. When I am ready to ride fixed again come winter, I will convert it back again, just take 30 minutes, that's easy enough.

SPOKE
05-06-2005, 10:38 AM
today is moving day for Spoke and his fleet of fine cycles. bought a new house about 4 miles northeast of my old townhome. the new place is an even better starting location for my afternoon rides.

Sandy my friend......the new home will be just as securely protected as the old one so don't even try to sneak in to grab a bike or two. you will be busted!!

cheers to you all...........SPOKE

Smiley
05-06-2005, 12:10 PM
SPOKE , did you get a garage to park them 19 bikes you have . I can't imagine you not also having said garage heated and cooled ?

Rapid Tourist
05-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Smiley, the bike is fixed, and the saddle is partially fixed. I have to do a little more work tonight so we'll see how that goes.... I could completely scr___ this up.

Spoke, did you ride all of your bikes to their new home? Would that be about 400 miles total of riding?? You must be tired.

Serotta PETE
05-06-2005, 12:31 PM
SPOKE , did you get a garage to park them 19 bikes you have . I can't imagine you not also having said garage heated and cooled ?

Has a wine cooler also - - - - - - - :beer:

Smiley
05-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Tourist , I guess you did not take math during your study time as a Lawyer , Thats 19 bikes ridden one way for 4 miles each bike , 72 miles total , and he'd need to walk back home each time for another 72 miles . Grand total distance of 144 miles . Lets see maybe he stops at the Piggly Wiggly to buy a soft drink and half smoke each trip and then we may have close to 400 miles :banana:
I love the Spoke Man :banana:

Smiley
05-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Opp's , Pete says he has a wine cooler in the garage , so maybe he stops at the cheese and bread shop and snacks on that instead so it goes down better with the Red that Pete likes so much.

Pete , when your wife wonders where your at , all she needs to do is call Spokes garage . Have you guys been out riding with the Lovely Lori Hoefer lately ????

Serotta PETE
05-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Have not seen Lori is a few weeks. Hopefully we will get riding with her soon.

Look forward to seeing you all at the OPEN HOUSE. Wish you lived closer for those weekend rides. Tell the Dr. and her other half high. Bailey is still looking for Sandy, or at least his bagel!!!

Sandy
05-06-2005, 01:31 PM
It's actually 76 miles, one way. A total of 152 miles both ways. And you are an engineer? Do they use any math in engineering? No wonder our schools are in such bad shape in the USA. :)

SPOKE doesn't seem to be getting anywhere at all. He keeps riding a bike from his old house to his new house. Then he rides that bike back to his old house to pick up another bike. He has been doing it for days now and has no idea why he still has 19 bikes left. No wonder our schools are in such bad shape in the USA. :)

Rapid Tourist's mathematics is probably not as bad as yours. She NEVER makes a mistake when she bills out her time at her normal rate of $500 per hour. No wonder lawyers are so rich and their clients are so poor in the USA. :)

Cycling in the USA,

Sandy

Smiley
05-06-2005, 01:47 PM
No Sandy , he actually makes it to 148 miles since once he delivers his last bike he's home . But you did teach math in school too so I defer to your judgement .

SPOKE
05-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Smiley, Sandy,
hate to tell you guys this but you are both wrong. one fits in the back seat and two on the roof rack. but your mileage is almost correct for the walking part since there is more than 19 bikes to move. i thought about trying to hire Smiley to design me a way to store the fleet via hanging from the wheels but since he can't do the math he'd never be able to have them evenly spaced unless Sandy came along to help with the math. Sandy wouldn't work anyway because he'd be down at Pete's house playing with the dogs!

Sandy
05-06-2005, 02:04 PM
SPOKE'S new house has a very long driveway, so that is why I added the 4 extra miles. :)

Sandy

Sandy
05-06-2005, 03:03 PM
You are correct. I don't like to work, but I love to play with dogs, especially a puppy lab and a nut case lab like Bailey.

Sandy

Sandy
05-06-2005, 03:06 PM
I would recommend using a muti-geared bike tomorrow and not a fixee. The terrain is much hillier than the Beach Drive (mostly flat) ride you did with your fixee. You can thank me later. It is just my opinion, but I think that I am correct.

Sandy

pbbob
05-06-2005, 05:13 PM
maybe next time. got a 100 miler on tap for tomorrow.

Kevin
05-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Have fun guys. Based on the weather report for LI, 3 inches of rain, I will probably be riding in the basement. :crap:

Kevin

Smiley
05-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Hey pbbob , u doing it fixed ?

pbbob
05-06-2005, 06:49 PM
that sounds like a challenge. but tomorrow I'm flying the terra-plane.

Smiley
05-07-2005, 07:56 AM
get off the computer and get over the river and over here :banana:

oldmill
05-07-2005, 07:59 AM
I won't be able to make this one. The ANT and I are leaving town this morning for the weekend. Have a good ride all. Will catch you on the next gathering

Smiley
05-07-2005, 08:03 AM
We'll check you out later my man Oldmill , now that our work is almost done were thinking of our next gathering , we'll plan it after BBDave's stated 8 weeks till the Open House . And he works on deadlines all the time , go figure . Tourist , where are you , lost on the key boards :banana:

Smiley
05-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Your a studette , next time fixee all the way . You've made really great strides that I can see with your willingness to power up the hills .

Sandy
05-07-2005, 04:39 PM
The most impressive part of Rapid Tourist's cycling is not her willingness to power up the hills. It is her new found ability to power up the hills with real perserverance. Her improvement is really truly impressive. I told her that I better ride with her this month , since by next month or July, it will probably be too late for me.

The ride was really fun. Two fixees, one a Kogswell and one a Raleigh, and a steel Serrota, a Legnd Ti, a Concours, and an Ottrott, plus one other bike that I really don't remember well. Great group of cyclists and people, superior weather, outstanding roads and terrain, and simply a great deal of enjoyment.

I even felt like I was climbing a little better, but certainly not too well. Smiley, you were quite impressive on your Kogswell, which really looked great. Seems to simply be an outstanding value. You were climbing great. David's ability on the fixee was truly outstanding. He just seemed to power up a hill if he really wanted, and he maintaineda high cadence and excellent speed on the downhills. I was ok on the downhills, and chasing on the flats. All in all, it was great fun.

Maybe one day soon, you will let me try your fixee. I will fix the fixxie if I mess it up in any way.

Your and the First Mate's home looks simply fantastic. Great job! I would like to see it after the carpeting is put in.

Sandy

Sandy

Rapid Tourist
05-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Once again I truly had a blast with SAndy, Smiley, Dan, George, David and some guy on a Trek who hooked up with us. Smiley truly has become a fixed gear Shaman, a fixee Master, a fixed Guru as it were. He makes it look so effortless. And Sandy as always was the best sprinter of the lot.

Thanks for all the fun!!!!

For the record, I wussed out and rode gears, but at some point I hope to take on those hills fixed!!! :banana:
Looking forward to the next event!

Smiley, the verdict is in--no chafing occurred. Your Brooks modification suggestions were the ticket! :D

Sandy
05-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Rapid One,

Please let me know when you are ready to take those hills with your fixee. I will be ready to stay home and wonder how all of you make it look so easy.

Our 2 fixee riders certainly did make it look easy. Smiley just kept smoothly rolling along and David was playing with all of us, as he disappeared into the sunset.

Seemingly fixed in one place as I climb the hills,

Sandy

Sandy
05-08-2005, 06:54 AM
If you are able to make my Saturday Laytonsville ride, don't even think about taking your fixee. You will be one sorry lady as you walk your bike up a couple of those hills.

Dan L and George- Glad that you could make the ride.

Sandy

RABikes2
05-08-2005, 10:58 AM
We will miss you at Saratoga Springs.
Sad Saratoga Springs Sandy

I will miss visiting with all of you in SS, too, Sandy! I began on the forum only a few weeks prior to the OH last year and didn't know who any of you characters were, and then had such a great time meeting at OH! Now, it's been a wonderful year getting to "know" all of you. It would be nice to come up for OH, but I will need to pass for this year. Hopefully, next year I will be able to attend. This year, OH is the week before my son goes away for two weeks to the YMCA Camp Indian Springs for Leader in Training camp. We will be getting him ready for his "adventure"!

"Climb" some hills for me Sandy! (I will miss seeing what BBDave wears, too; that was a "treat" last year! :p :p )

Have fun everybody! :beer: :beer:
RA