PDA

View Full Version : Apology To Everyone

CyclingGuru
12-03-2010, 04:16 AM
To Everyone on the forum,

I just wanted to sincerely apologize for my actions as a cyclist and a person. I did lie about my age on a thread and what I do. I wanted to clarify, I am not this "Izalco Expert?" who people are accusing me to be..I have searched the name on google and all it comes up with is a brand of bikes called Focus? Which I haven't heard of. I am 21 years old and currently a junior in college majoring in mechanical engineering. The reason why I lied about my age is because I didn't want anyone to overlook me and to see oh it's just another spoiled kid or oh, that kid is "sketchy"..I just wanted to let everyone know I respect everyone here, this forum, and what everyone has to say because a lot of it's valued information that we can all learn from one another. If I have turned anyone sour I am sorry, I take the blame for everything and I hope to regain everyone's trust here because this is the one place I can talk about cycling non-stop without getting made fun of by my friends. I hope you guys can accept my apology and learn that I am not a bad person because I really am not. All I can say is please, give me a chance, I guess I am just enthusiastic about this website because it's what I love to do, sorry I over post I just am ecstatic and happy most of the time. I hope all of you have a great day as I am studying for finals :crap:

Cheers,

TheGuru

R2D2
12-03-2010, 04:44 AM
And where are you studying Engineering? As if it is any of my business.
Just curious.

CyclingGuru
12-03-2010, 05:09 AM
Currently at University Washington. But for the next two terms I will be doing something called MECOP..which is a paid internship where we work directly with a certain company for 6 months, I believe we find out in January what companies contact us. What do you do?

R2D2
12-03-2010, 05:24 AM
I write and support large scale check processing systems.
Primarily involved in handling check image data. From initial high speed capture thru storage and retrieval in large archives. Been up most of the night analyzing traces to determine the cause of a production issue.
BS in Computer Science from VaTech in 1978. Although the core of the degree was basically Engineering fundamentals for the first two years. Familiar with the concept of MECOP, as I COOP'ed my way thru school.
Working three months and attending school three months. VT is on a quarter system versus the semester system. Good luck with exams. I still have nightmares that the exam is TODAY and I don't know where the classroom is. HAHAHA

jlwdm
12-03-2010, 05:31 AM
I have no idea what you are apologizing for - guess I did not follow your posts.

I don't think anyone here should care about how old you are or what you do. The key to the forum is just to be honest and learn what you can and add what you can. It should be just a good exchange of cycling information - not that it always is.

Jeff
Univ of Washington graduate

spartacus
12-03-2010, 05:33 AM

I just wanted to sincerely apologize for my actions as a cyclist and a person. I did lie about my age on a thread and what I do. I wanted to clarify, I am not this "Izalco Expert?" who people are accusing me to be..I have searched the name on google and all it comes up with is a brand of bikes called Focus? Which I haven't heard of. I am 21 years old and currently a junior in college majoring in mechanical engineering. The reason why I lied about my age is because I didn't want anyone to overlook me and to see oh it's just another spoiled kid or oh, that kid is "sketchy"..I just wanted to let everyone know I respect everyone here, this forum, and what everyone has to say because a lot of it's valued information that we can all learn from one another. If I have turned anyone sour I am sorry, I take the blame for everything and I hope to regain everyone's trust here because this is the one place I can talk about cycling non-stop without getting made fun of by my friends. I hope you guys can accept my apology and learn that I am not a bad person because I really am not. All I can say is please, give me a chance, I guess I am just enthusiastic about this website because it's what I love to do, sorry I over post I just am ecstatic and happy most of the time. I hope all of you have a great day as I am studying for finals :crap:

Cheers,

TheGuru

Ever thought of changing to a more humble user name?

rugbysecondrow
12-03-2010, 06:58 AM
My opinion is that the apology draws unnecessary attention. That may run contrary to opinions others have, but in this Dr. Phil, Oprah world, I just think less is often times more.

Best of luck.

AngryScientist
12-03-2010, 07:07 AM
My opinion is that the apology draws unnecessary attention. That may run contrary to opinions others have, but in this Dr. Phil, Oprah world, I just think less is often times more.

Best of luck.

i concur - if you're feeling seasick, its best not to rock the boat.

that said, welcome to the forum. its just like meeting any new bunch of people, take some time to get to know the personalities that exist, relax and have a good time :beer:

duke
12-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Blah, blah, blah....
Slightly self absorbed, are we?
duke

Blue Jays
12-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Thank you for sharing your Magnum Opus with the forum!

Lifelover
12-03-2010, 08:02 AM
What is the world coming too if you can't lie about who you are on the internet. :crap:

P.S. In spite all the "community" talk that pops up occasionally, no one here give a rat's hind parts who you are or who I am. If you want to be sucked up to, just claim that you are a builder with a long waiting list that spends more time on the internet than you do in your shop. They will love You!

Mr. Squirrel
12-03-2010, 08:14 AM
dear mr. guru, i like wheels. do you do the team ride from revolution espresso in green lake? my cousin lives there. he likes wheels too. what wheels do you ride?

mr. squirrel

rwsaunders
12-03-2010, 09:24 AM
You should do well on your finals, as Huskies football sucked again this year. Good luck on the internship.

pitcrew
12-03-2010, 09:54 AM
What is the world coming too if you can't lie about who you are on the internet. :crap:

P.S. In spite all the "community" talk that pops up occasionally, no one here give a rat's hind parts who you are or who I am. If you want to be sucked up to, just claim that you are a builder with a long waiting list that spends more time on the internet than you do in your shop. They will love You!

Hey, that's me! I just started building my very first frame yesterday and the word has spread like wild-fire. I already have a 11 year wait list. Because it will take me 11 years to finish my frame has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Who wants to drop their deposit off?

130R
12-03-2010, 10:41 AM
I hope to regain everyone's trust here because this is the one place I can talk about cycling non-stop without getting made fun of by my friends.

Maybe you need another hobby? You'll get jaded with cycling at this rate.

... and real students don't use "I'm in college" as a crutch for pity. As an ME student myself, you get no sympathy from me.

thendenjeck
12-03-2010, 10:44 AM
what is with all the apologies on here lately? yeesh.

97CSI
12-03-2010, 10:54 AM
what is with all the apologies on here lately? yeesh.
Really......... F-it and move on.

ndoshi72c
12-03-2010, 10:54 AM

Steve in SLO
12-03-2010, 12:21 PM
No need to apologize.
I am actually a 9 year old girl.

Blue Jays
12-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Many here are also supermodels who post between photo shoots while showing fashionable new clothes on the catwalk.

Lifelover
12-03-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm mostly me but me and Cowgirl like to wear assless chaps while posting.

It makes us feel sexy!

SoCalSteve
12-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Since this is going nowhere QUICKLY, I am going to close this thread.

For clarification, the OP was named Toomanybikes81 and we changed it to his current handle.

Have a great weekend and get out and ride!

Thanks.