PDA

View Full Version : Replacing SLR saddle, need suggestions

Hai H. Ho
12-02-2010, 11:54 AM
I currently have an SLR saddle on the 595, which I've been riding for over 3 years.

Within the last 12 months, I developed what I thought was a saddle sore only on the left side sit bone area. It ends up being worse than what I tought. Long story short, I had surgery to remove the lipoma / fibroma 2 weeks ago and am recovering for the next 4-6 weeks. I ride Assos bibs and use Euro-style butter'.

In the meantime, I am considering getting another saddle with much more padding. My twin has an Fizik Arione but it's much taller. The problem here is that I don't want to cut the seat post mast on the 595 if I don't have to. I am not worried about the length or width.

The SLR is about 1.5 inches / 3.8 cm high. What is the lowest height or similar height, super-padded saddle out there? I am willing to try anything if it means I can ride again soon in comfort.

Here's a picture of the bike: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=75892

Thanks for the help guys.

thegunner
12-02-2010, 01:01 PM
specialized toupe. they have a ridiculous number of new models that i can't even keep straight anymore, but i believe the comp has a shape that's eerily similar but with more padding than the SLR/toupe teams