PDA

View Full Version : Apology.....re "Masters Doping" thread

SPOKE
12-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Well folks I have to agree with TheDon....It was very wrong of me to make the posts that I did. I used very poor judgment. My apologies to the guys that I named. I sincerely hope that the rumors regarding this issue are completely unjustified.
SPOKE

Mr. Squirrel
12-02-2010, 07:01 AM
http://www.sugarbushsquirrel.com/image/10866864.jpg

thedon called on the judge. forget thedon, you do not want to go in front of the judge sir.

mr. squirrel

FlashUNC
12-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Judge Judy is really not looking good these days.

peanutgallery
12-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Though it is noble of you, I feel you have nothing to apologize for. Common rumor that many are aware of, even far away. If one or 2 members of their fan club get upset about it, oh well.

Threatening to clog the legal system over drama swirling around a group of Masters racers that even have their own nickname that they seem to have given themselves? Makes my head hurt

Hug your kids, ride your bike and have a great December day

Charles M
12-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Hope it turns out false.

The ego / sense of self import it takes to dope at that level would be exceptionally telling re the people potentially involved.

I would love to know if any of the racers involved wind up not at the start line in the future.

oldpotatoe
12-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Hope it turns out false.

The ego / sense of self import it takes to dope at that level would be exceptionally telling re the people potentially involved.

I would love to know if any of the racers involved wind up not at the start line in the future.

I used to work at a Tri specific shop. When one age grouper(early 40s) learned my wife had asthma I was amazed that she and about 4 of her friends asked if I could get any spare inhalers..'Ya know, I have asthma too'...yikes.

Nooch
12-02-2010, 08:12 AM
I used to work at a Tri specific shop. When one age grouper(early 40s) learned my wife had asthma I was amazed that she and about 4 of her friends asked if I could get any spare inhalers..'Ya know, I have asthma too'...yikes.

Hey, I *Do* have asthma, and a prescribed inhaler (that I haven't really used after losing a ton of weight/getting active)... I'd be hard pressed to think this is going to give me (or anyone) any edge over the competition..

goonster
12-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Final result: I now think a bunch of guys I had never heard of before, and will never meet, are ***holes, not because of unsubstantiated rumors linking them to PED's, but because some other ***hole brought thuggish threats of legal action to this forum. Good job. :rolleyes:

LegendRider
12-02-2010, 08:23 AM
There is no proof that the three riders doped. In fact, they've posted their letters from USADA indicating that their tests were clean. What more can they do? It's the old prove a negative thing...

The big however is why in the world would USADA test them in the first place? It's seems exceedingly odd that they would test at a local crit. I've raced on and off for 20 years and I've never seen drug testing. Although it's not fair to the riders in question, it certainly is easy to see why the speculation went wild.

Smiley
12-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Man where to I go to get the good stuff to ride faster and farther, I need to combat TIME. I guess the GNC store does not carry what I want.

No appologies required Sir Spoke. I know we have some old foggies that juice here in DC :)

fiamme red
12-02-2010, 09:05 AM
There is no proof that the three riders doped. In fact, they've posted their letters from USADA indicating that their tests were clean. What more can they do? It's the old prove a negative thing...There's no proof that LANCE doped, but he's been called a doper here many times. We should be thankful that so far, he hasn't threatened to bring legal action against Serotta. :rolleyes:

Mark McM
12-02-2010, 09:15 AM
There is no proof that the three riders doped. In fact, they've posted their letters from USADA indicating that their tests were clean. What more can they do? It's the old prove a negative thing...

No this is not a matter of whether a negative can be proved. The rules of the sport are very clear - not only can an athlete not use doping products, they can't be involved in the possession or distribution of them either.

Is a fence that receives stolen goods just as guilty as the thieft that stole the goods to begin with? A prosecutor doesn't have to prove that someone with stolen goods in ther possession actually stole them - they just have to prove that they knew they were stolen. In the case of doping products, it is clear that the athletes knew (or should have known) that they were banned substances, but they bought them anyway, so they are just as guilty as if they had actually used them.

oldpotatoe
12-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Hey, I *Do* have asthma, and a prescribed inhaler (that I haven't really used after losing a ton of weight/getting active)... I'd be hard pressed to think this is going to give me (or anyone) any edge over the competition..

Missed the point..was talking about what Pez said, not whether or not an inhaler makes a difference in 'normal' athletes.

I think you would be surprised at the number of pro runners and cyclists that have 'asthma'..yes, I know some do but the percentage is WAY higher than the population as a whole.

LegendRider
12-02-2010, 09:27 AM
No this is not a matter of whether a negative can be proved. The rules of the sport are very clear - not only can an athlete not use doping products, they can't be involved in the possession or distribution of them either.

Is a fence that receives stolen goods just as guilty as the thieft that stole the goods to begin with? A prosecutor doesn't have to prove that someone with stolen goods in ther possession actually stole them - they just have to prove that they knew they were stolen. In the case of doping products, it is clear that the athletes knew (or should have known) that they were banned substances, but they bought them anyway, so they are just as guilty as if they had actually used them.

Unless you know facts that I'm not aware of, no Carolina Masters riders have been proven to have purchased or possessed doping products. Are you confusing this case with the Michigan or Boulder cases?

oldguy00
12-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Unless you know facts that I'm not aware of, no Carolina Masters riders have been proven to have purchased or possessed doping products. Are you confusing this case with the Michigan or Boulder cases?

I think he is saying that it is a -possibility- that it is a similar case.
Perhaps their names were found on a customer list of a known supplier. Who knows. Maybe they are guilty of nothing.

LegendRider
12-02-2010, 09:40 AM
I think he is saying that it is a -possibility- that it is a similar case.
Perhaps their names were found on a customer list of a known supplier. Who knows. Maybe they are guilty of nothing.

There are lots of possibilities.

But, the only facts that everyone seems to agree on are: (1) USADA tested certain athletes at a local crit in North Carolina and (2) confirmation of negative results from three riders from those tests was posted on Doofus' blog. Everything else is speculation and rumor.

Lifelover
12-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Word on the street is that TheDon is a doper as well! That is why he is defending the other dopers.

Mark McM
12-02-2010, 10:47 AM

Oops! Yes, you are right, I was confusing this case with the Michigan and Boulder cases (where there apparantly was evidence of purchase).

JMerring
12-02-2010, 11:07 AM
since when are doping test results dispositive of anything, especially negative ones? :)

peanutgallery
12-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Is there still a civil suit pending :beer:

My legal team is working diligently night and day to protect me from legal harm on the interweb

cadence90
12-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey, if we're in full holiday spirit here, then I say one apology deserves another....

TheDo****, you out there?

Maybe your 4th Serotta post could address that?

Without all the legal mumbo-jumbo though, if that's possible...it doesn't really mix well with egg-nog. I myownself don't usually post amazingly awesome race results and amazingly bombastic threats of devastating lawsuits on the internet, but if you feel the need to protect yourself from any possible future legal action, well, then, at least please try to keep it concise. I know that love means never having to say you're sorry and all that, but in this case we'll probably make an exception. :rolleyes:

gdw
12-02-2010, 03:52 PM
"Is there still a civil suit pending"

Probably not. James Sokolove doesn't handle defamation cases and Gloria Allred represents women not pussies. :banana:

StellaBlue
12-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Note to self, never commit a crime with SPOKE, he folds like a beach chair. :beer:

Karin Kirk
12-02-2010, 05:03 PM
chungchung....

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_cIfRwhs7po8/TPgmaW21SwI/AAAAAAAABHM/y69TBRdiu2s/Law%20and%20order.jpg

Smiley
12-02-2010, 05:17 PM
BTW, I don't know about u guys and gals but I don't like folks with 1 post comming into our place and threatening one of our esteemed members here. So for the few lawyers that stepped up and set the legal record straight THANKS.

Where is Johnny Cochrane when u need him

Blue Jays
12-02-2010, 07:03 PM
"...Where is Johnny Cochran when you need him?..."
He has remained inactive as a lawyer in Inglewood, California the past few years.

54ny77
12-02-2010, 07:35 PM
That was probably Landis' former manager, the one who did the late-night "deep throat" threatening call to LeMond... :D

BTW, I don't know about u guys and gals but I don't like folks with 1 post comming into our place and threatening one of our esteemed members here. So for the few lawyers that stepped up and set the legal record straight THANKS.

Where is Johnny Cochrane when u need him

Chris
12-02-2010, 07:38 PM
He has remained inactive as a lawyer in Inglewood, California the past few years.

Or as anything else...

Bud_E
12-02-2010, 07:42 PM

He's actively pushing up daisies.

Mr. Squirrel
12-02-2010, 09:00 PM

laem namor...in my furry opinion.

mr. squirrel

TAW
12-02-2010, 09:38 PM
I didn't know squirrels could be dyslexic. ;)