PDA

View Full Version : This forum is jinxed! Hit a hole with my O&E wheels this morning F&%$#@!

Kurt
05-05-2005, 11:06 AM
I cannot phucking believe it, waxing on and on about these wheels and it happens – doing a nice cruise through marina del rey and someone does not call out an indentation in the road, you know the kind – just enough to tag the wheel, $%^&*@ - I am amazed that I did not have double pinch-flats but the rear wheel did take a hit and is slightly out of true, like 1-2 spokes worth. Mike is the worst builder around, this should never have happened :p

Kevan
05-05-2005, 11:15 AM
be canceling that order for a new wheelset.

I think we all winced reading your post. Ouch!

Sandy
05-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I wince when I see you ride. I actually wince when I see you, period. :) :)

Kurt- It doesn't sound as if there is any real significant damage to the wheel.

Shortsighted Seeing Spectacle Sandy

Kurt
05-05-2005, 11:22 AM
be canceling that order for a new wheelset.

I think we all winced reading your post. Ouch!

I am totally kidding, the wheels r great, order away - but god am I pissed @ that guy for not calling it out, what can you do. you know what happened yesterday - I hit and ran over a squirrel, about 30+ there was nothing I could do he just darted out and froze - I guess I did not kill him because he was gone when I came back with the car. strange week, be careful out there.

bostondrunk
05-05-2005, 11:25 AM
I don't get it. Such great wheels, yet always going out of true, bad tension, etc?!
I've built a few sets of 28 hole tubies for myself on lightweight tubie rims (lighter than reflexes) and have never had one go out of true, and have hit lots of potholes. And I'm no lightweight (Roy can confirm this, I believe..... :cool: )...

If the wheel is built right, you should be able to hit the odd pot hole, even hard, and come out OK.

Kurt
05-05-2005, 11:28 AM
I don't get it. Such great wheels, yet always going out of true, bad tension, etc?!
I've built a few sets of 28 hole tubies for myself on lightweight tubie rims (lighter than reflexes) and have never had one go out of true, and have hit lots of potholes. And I'm no lightweight (Roy can confirm this, I believe..... :cool: )...

If the wheel is built right, you should be able to hit the odd pot hole, even hard, and come out OK.

not for me, first time in 2k+ that I have had any issues, the hole was a direct hit and I mean direct and I am around 190 and was seated - its the hole and the rider weight that can cause the problem.

Sandy
05-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Squirrels can be a real danger. They seem to be able to dart away just in time. Their eyesight, hearing,...? At certain times of the year, I am very cognizant of the squirrels. We have some oak trees in the neighborhood, and when it is time for those critters to bury their acorns (I think that is what they are doing- We filthy rich Serotta Ottrott owners are burying our $$$$ and are too busy and greedy to pay too much attention to the squirrels), they seem to be all over the place.

I often think that a squirrel will do me in before a car.

Squirrelly Spinning Serotta Sandy

Kurt
05-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Squirrels can be a real danger. They seem to be able to dart away just in time. Their eyesight, hearing,...? At certain times of the year, I am very cognizant of the squirrels. We have some oak trees in the neighborhood, and when it is time for those critters to bury their acorns (I think that is what they are doing- We filthy rich Serotta Ottrott owners are burying our $$$$ and are too busy and greedy to pay too much attention to the squirrels), they seem to be all over the place.

I often think that a squirrel will do me in before a car.

Squirrelly Spinning Serotta Sandy

I felt really bad, still do - have tons of them in the yard, just love to play w/ them and feed em and get em fat - they love nuts in shells. I hope he did not just crawl off and die, god I hit him dead center, sucks.

Kevan
05-05-2005, 11:48 AM
my trained attack squirrels. I guess you can figure out what they go after when they attack?

BarryG
05-05-2005, 12:09 PM
OMG - jihadist suicidal attack squirrels :confused:

Sandy
05-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Nuts? Guess we are both in trouble, in more ways than one. :)

I got an answer for them:

Squirrel Sharpshooter Shotgun Sandy :)

PS- Nuts to you!!

Ozz
05-05-2005, 12:21 PM
plate of shrimp? :)

coylifut
05-05-2005, 12:52 PM

excluding front wheels, I've never owned a wheel that hasn't gone out of true. Not one. hand built, machine built - you name it. I weigh about 162 and falling.

Speaking of squirrels, I hit one last week and it flipped-up bounced off my leg and ran off. I hit a pidgeon the week before with my forearm.

SneakyFast1
05-05-2005, 03:47 PM
From Mike J:

http://www.chainreaction.com/squirrels.htm

Fortunately I haven't been attacked by one yet and I ride in the same area as Mike.

Douglas

slowgoing
05-05-2005, 04:08 PM
squirrels also like peanut M&Ms.