PDA

View Full Version : OT: RIP Lt. Frank Drebin

GuyGadois
11-29-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/29/obit.leslie.nielsen/index.html?hpt=T2

My Favorite Quotes:
"I am serious -- and don't call me Shirley"
and
"Nice Bever"
http://img.youtube.com/vi/zhyCL-ELRxg/0.jpg

gasman
11-29-2010, 12:29 PM
He played a wonderful deadpan goof ball.

RIP

johnnymossville
11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Yes, he was probably one of the very best at what he was best at, whatever that was. :)

I think he would've been cool on The Office for a few episodes.

Charles M
11-29-2010, 01:27 PM
The one that could apply to the forums... :

Frank: Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?

-----

President George Bush: Frank, please consider filling a post I'm creating. It may mean long hours and dangerous nights, surrounded by some of the scummiest elements in our society.

Frank: You want me to be in your cabinet?

----------

Frank: I'm single! I love being single! I haven't had this much sex since I was a Boy Scout leader!

[Music stops playing. Everyone stops talking and stares at him]

Frank: [to everybody] I mean at the time I was dating a lot.

-----

Frank: It's true what they say: Cops and women don't mix. It's like eating a spoonful of Drano; sure, it'll clean you out, but it'll leave you hollow inside.

---------

Lt. Frank Drebin: It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girl dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.

Polyglot
11-29-2010, 01:32 PM
I think one of the most amusing things about Nielson is that his brother Erik was a political big-shot in Canada (Deputy Prime Minister for a while and also Minister of Defence).

bigflax925
11-29-2010, 02:48 PM
RIP, Leslie. I am/was a huge fan of his. He was truly a great and will be missed.

I watched Naked Gun last night in his honor and will probably watch Airplane tonight.

For other fans, I highly recommend the entire (all six of them) Police Squad series out on DVD.

Steve in SLO
11-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Cigarette?
I know.