PDA

View Full Version : In for extra surgery today...

mad_mark
05-04-2005, 08:44 AM
A break isn't healing straight, so they are rebreaking it, resetting, and pinning to keep it straight. I'll be in for a "few days" apparently. But in the long run I think it will help, maybe get me back on my bike faster!

Have fun with the new coat Sandy!

Mark.

spiderman
05-04-2005, 09:18 AM
bike related...
...upper/lower extremity...?
inquiring mind(s)...

93legendti
05-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Ouch, my heart goes out to you. 25 years ago, when my femur wasn't healing straight with traction, I had to have a pin inserted--I was running six weeks after the initial injury. Good luck!!

Skrawny
05-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Good luck.
I hope you're spinning soon.
-s

BumbleBeeDave
05-04-2005, 11:16 AM
. . . Sandy suggested I have the same thing done since, he pointed out, my face obviuosly hadn't healed right "the first time." You should have seen the look of disappointment on his face when I had to tell him there was no "first time." :rolleyes: ;)

BBDave

Kevan
05-04-2005, 11:49 AM
everyone should look like a dog.

Be well Mark.

Sandy
05-04-2005, 03:53 PM
I think I told you that there should have been a first time! :)

Sandy

Sandy
05-04-2005, 03:56 PM
You already bark like a dog, walk on all fours, wiggle your tail like a dog, and are often seen with a leather clad woman walking you with a leash and collar. You ain't that far from being a dog!! :)

Bow Wow Sandy

William
05-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Good luck M&M! We're thinking of you.

William :)

Sandy
05-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Sorry to hear about the extra surgery that you must have. I am sure that it is the correct direction to go. I certainly don't know if it will get you back on the bike any faster, but it certainly should give a much more favorable outcome. Hang in there. Keep reading the Serotta forum, and that should get you up, out of bed, and onto your bike a whole lot sooner. You certainly don't want to spend too much time here with the somewhat insane. :)

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Do you want to race me up a hill tomorrow on your bike? (I think that I have finally found someone that I can beat in climbing) :D

So Stable So Serotta Sandy

Kevin
05-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Best of luck.

Kevin

Sandy
05-06-2005, 01:13 AM
How did the operation go?

Sandy

mad_mark
05-09-2005, 08:36 AM
The Op went well, I now have titanium components (aka pins) inserted. I think Colnago makes them though, at least at the cost of each one, they should have his logo on them! They managed to release me yesterday, to a sigh of relief from the Nurses ;)

Sandy, I'll race you up a hill, as long as you are prepared to relive a Breaking Away moment via a crutch!

Thank you to all the kind words and messages, it really means a lot to me. :beer:

Mark.

RABikes2
05-09-2005, 08:43 AM
Hope your recovery comes easily and quickly MM. You'll be back on the bike and racing Sandy in no time! :D
RA :)

dave thompson
05-09-2005, 08:53 AM
Mark: With a nice set of wheels on the ends of your crutches and some fine balancing skills you should be unbeatable! At least downhill.

Good luck and success big guy!
Dave

Sandy
05-09-2005, 10:31 AM
I give Mad Mark a few weeks before he can keep close to me going up the hills. In an additional month, he will be a little quicker than me. In 6 months he will be like all the rest of you- disappering from me, at a rapid rate.

Heal quickly and successfully. Great to hear that the surgery went well.

I would have done the surgery at a much reduced rate, since I normally operate only on fish.

Sturgeon Surgeon Salmon Salad Sandy :)

Sandy

Louis
05-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Mark, hope you can soon make it to the Post Office...

Louis

Sandy
05-24-2005, 03:46 AM
So Mad Mark, how is the healing process going? Hope that all is going well.

MadMan Mirman

BumbleBeeDave
05-24-2005, 06:31 AM
. . . The Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame just opened this past week in Amsterdam, just west of here. Perhaps you could go by while you’re in town for Open House and autograph your championship belt that’s on display? . . . ;)

“Dandy Dave Stinger”

Sandy
05-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Only if it is tied around your neck! Bumblebees do have little necks don't they?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hulk Hogan