PDA

View Full Version : Mavic Race Pedals?

kohlboto
11-27-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm looking to go back to a Look-style platform and noticed the Mavic Race pedals. I remember Mavic has made a few forays into the clipless pedal market with very limited success. But, has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with the new generation of Mavic pedals? I'm wondering how they compare to a Keo Classic or Keo 2. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
cheers
Jay

CyclingGuru
11-27-2010, 02:23 PM
I Demo'd a pair of Mavic's for our team and honestly I didn't care for them, Look's, Shimano SPD-SL, and Speedplay's smoke them..also Time makes a very nice pedal as well. It's all about preference though and how your foot works on them. With the Mavic's..I happened to get hot spots with them but that's just me.

zott28
03-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Mavic Race Pedals are pretty cheep right now at competitive cyclist (http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.ID=15992&MODE=SPECIALS).
Any more options before I try them out?

oldpotatoe
03-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Mavic Race Pedals are pretty cheep right now at competitive cyclist (http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.ID=15992&MODE=SPECIALS).
Any more options before I try them out?

Yowser, $30 under wholesale.

I'm guessing they are made anymore. Rep said you could use keo cleats..haven't tried that tho.

JayBay
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
I picked a couple pair of them up in the fall, and so far I've been happy with them. They work/feel just like the 15-year-old Looks I've been using forever. You know, like a pedal.

FlashUNC
03-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Yowser, $30 under wholesale.

I'm guessing they are made anymore. Rep said you could use keo cleats..haven't tried that tho.

Mavic has discontinued their own pedals. They're partnering with Time.

JayBay
03-27-2013, 07:03 PM
I figured that's why they were so cheap. I'm glad I bought a spare set. I would've gone with Shimano's, as those seem to be everyone's favorite choice for a Look-esque pedal platform. But that seemed somehow sacreligious on my all-Campy bike.

Andrewlcox
03-27-2013, 09:10 PM
I just took delivery of a pair of these Mavic Race pedals. I gambled on the fact they they are only $42.00 and should work but if not, I'm not out much.

I hope to try them out once I get my bikes built in the next few weeks.

Gat64
03-28-2013, 05:14 AM
I have got the Race and Ti versions and have been quite happy with them. Silent and smooth. The one thing though I found is that the float verion of the cleat is a little too "floaty" for me (i.e. moves around too easily) and so I went with the 0 degree cleats - and bought a few pairs since they are no longer being made.

Hank Scorpio
03-28-2013, 05:46 AM
I have the race and the ti models as well. I never had any problems and like the wider Q factor than keos. I only switched back to looks when mavic stopped supporting the pedals and my lbs ran out of stock on the cleats.

RacerJRP
03-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Mavic has discontinued their own pedals. They're partnering with Time.

This.