PDA

View Full Version : Adequate replacement for SLR saddle?

petitelilpettit
11-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Hey everyone. My Selle Italia SLR saddle is on its last leg, and I am looking to replace it with something else. The overall shape seems to work for me, but I want something with a little bit more padding, and not so sharp edges. Been looking at the Fizik Antares Versus, but unsure about the relief channel.

Any suggestions?

Pettit

CyclingGuru
11-27-2010, 02:20 PM
You should check out the Selle Italia Flite Gel..it's amazing and I will never go back to anything else, had adequate padding and doesn't look like a cruiser seat :)

rosss
11-27-2010, 03:13 PM
I switched from a slr to a fizik Antares, I like it way better

dimsy
11-27-2010, 05:48 PM
i had an slr on my old bike, i believe the width of mine was 135mm, i went to the toupe 143. it's a little softer, and lighter i believe. no regrets here.

however from what i hear, the toupe's break down/wear away fairly fast. something i have yet to experience.

good luck
-H

Likes2ridefar
11-27-2010, 09:57 PM
slr xp? i really like the slr and find the XP the same just a bit more padding for the sit bones.

Bruce K
11-28-2010, 04:43 AM
SLR Gel Flow?

BK

d_man16
11-28-2010, 04:54 AM
SLR Gel Flow?

BK

+1 on the Gel flow made the switch and won't go back. There is a short break in period that's a little longer than normal and on cold days you might need to warm it up a tinge. Once done the seat is quite comfy and grippy.... All that said; If you can stand yours, my bum's looking for another :banana:

kramnnim
11-28-2010, 07:08 AM
I hated my SLR XP, but really like the (older model) SLR XC Gel Flow.

Got a newer version SLR Gel Flow and it seems firmer...haven't had a chance to use it, though.

Likes2ridefar
11-28-2010, 07:10 AM
goes to show the OP is probably going to have to figure it out on their own.

I did not like the SLR gel flow at all but feel the XP fits and rides the same as the slr...

Bruce K
11-28-2010, 08:49 AM
There are actually 2 versions of the SLR Gel Flow.

I found the "Team Vanox Edition" to be a little more comfortable than the standard but it also costs a little more and only comes in white with a red center stripe.

BK