. . . wanting to win so badly.

But wanting so badly to win the Tour De Frankenmuth?!? . . . :eek:

***?!? :confused:

BBD

gasman
11-24-2010, 02:51 PM
What a dope.

er doper.

Gimme a break, why would anyone do that for basically bragging rights.

Bud_E
11-24-2010, 02:52 PM

BBD

I think the winner gets a box of Clif bars.

deluxerider
11-24-2010, 04:00 PM
the EPO put him over the top

http://www.usacycling.org/results/index.php?compid=198628

kong79
11-24-2010, 04:17 PM
It only took them four years to convict him? Let's see, at that rate it would mean that Lance could be banned from the Texas Senior Olympics. What a bummer.

97CSI
11-24-2010, 05:24 PM
From the pic's it appears it was a public stripping. ;)

Lifelover
11-24-2010, 06:33 PM
What is pathetic is that this is news worthy.

BryanE
11-24-2010, 07:39 PM
He DNFed at Big M mountain bike race???
Drug testing or not up to his usual 40th place finish?
I betcha he rode Sport.
He might want to check his internet sources for purity/quality
of that EPO.
What a pud.
BryanE
Michigander who doesn't know Neil Schlub

Cantdog
11-24-2010, 08:23 PM
I mean, great for USADA for cracking down, but does anyone really care?

BumbleBeeDave
11-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I mean, great for USADA for cracking down, but does anyone really care?

. . . but if I was racing masters--clean--and this guy beat me, I'd sure as hell care.

I guess principle means very little any more.

BBD

davidlee
11-24-2010, 08:50 PM
. . . but if I was racing masters--clean--and this guy beat me, I'd sure as hell care.

BBD

I race some Masters races in addition to pro 1/2 events sometimes and I'm clean, so yeah it bums me out when I see this kinda stuff.. Kinda makes one wonder if guys that are solo lapping fields might have a little help too, ya know?
d

davidlee
11-24-2010, 08:57 PM
And heres another one.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/charles-coyle-suspended-for-two-years
This has got to be Joe Papp fallout.

SPOKE
11-25-2010, 03:24 PM
We had 3 guys here in NC racing for the Carolina Masters cycling team get pop'd a few months ago. I understand there deal was to leave cycling permanently. One of the guys is a judge appointed by our governor.

zmudshark
11-25-2010, 03:28 PM

BBD

BBD, It was the inaugural running of the event, winner got all the chicken he could eat :banana:

LegendRider
11-25-2010, 04:41 PM
We had 3 guys here in NC racing for the Carolina Masters cycling team get pop'd a few months ago. I understand there deal was to leave cycling permanently. One of the guys is a judge appointed by our governor.

Has this been proven? I heard some rumors and Doofus across the hall posted letters from USADA indicating that three well-regarded NC racers tested negative at a particular event.

TimmyB
11-25-2010, 05:13 PM
how did they actually get caught? I wasn't aware usac actually drug tested the racers? I've never seen anyone pee in a cup on race day... :confused:

SPOKE
11-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Has this been proven? I heard some rumors and Doofus across the hall posted letters from USADA indicating that three well-regarded NC racers tested negative at a particular event.

All I know is they were given a choice......stop racing or face charges. This deal may be because one of the guys is a judge.

KJMUNC
11-25-2010, 09:48 PM
how did they actually get caught? I wasn't aware usac actually drug tested the racers? I've never seen anyone pee in a cup on race day... :confused:

It's all the continued fallout from Joe Papp's customer list. Theyre being suspended based on proof that they purchased banned substances.

As silly as it seems, I'm all for it as it's not like this required USADA fielding hundreds of agents testing racers. They have clear proof people bought the stuff, so why not go after them?

SPOKE
11-25-2010, 10:02 PM
It's all the continued fallout from Joe Papp's customer list. Theyre being suspended based on proof that they purchased banned substances.

As silly as it seems, I'm all for it as it's not like this required USADA fielding hundreds of agents testing racers. They have clear proof people bought the stuff, so why not go after them?

Yep.....that's pretty much what I heard too.

Matthew
11-25-2010, 11:07 PM
I used to work at a shop in Saginaw and he was a customer. Did not know him well but he and his wife bought bikes and gear from us. This was back in the mid to late 90's. His wife was very fast on the mountain bike and placed well at races like the Iceman Cometh in Traverse City. Think he did well there too in the past. Noticed his name in the results this year too. Makes me wonder about her now. Pretty pathetic.

Cantdog
11-26-2010, 08:14 AM

BBD

Yeah...but it's still amateur bike racing. It's exercise. That's all.

JMerring
11-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Kinda makes one wonder if guys that are solo lapping fields might have a little help too, ya know?
d

Spartacus?

TimmyB
11-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah...but it's still amateur bike racing. It's exercise. That's all.
as a "racerboy," I feel it is my responsibility to assure you that winning a pair of socks is SERIOUS BUSINESS. :D

ospreybike
11-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Just crazy.

johnnymossville
11-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I watched a race in awe last year in Pennsylvania as a guy in his late 40's, early 50's, probably 40lbs overweight, soloed off the front, went 30+ laps alone, and beat a very strong field by a couple minutes. I was suspicious. But then, who dopes in masters races right? :)

anexetastos
11-29-2010, 03:08 PM

tell me that wasn't charlie?!? seriously?!?!?

SPOKE
11-29-2010, 03:17 PM
tell me that wasn't charlie?!? seriously?!?!?

Him along with John P. and one other teammate.

anexetastos
11-29-2010, 03:51 PM
well, if true, that changes next year's local scene for the masters boys, i reckon. POA now has a clean sweep. and if true, it's also very, very sad.

SPOKE
11-29-2010, 05:28 PM
well, if true, that changes next year's local scene for the masters boys, i reckon. POA now has a clean sweep. and if true, it's also very, very sad.

Whenver those guys showed up for a race around here there never was a doubt which team would have someone on the top step of the box at the end. What was really interesting is once one of the guys got a gap on the field the race for second was all that was left. Even a well organized chase group of 3 or 4 strong guys couldn't make up any ground on the guy.
This type of dominance was displayed every weekend!

LegendRider
11-30-2010, 07:45 PM
I've got to admit that I find this soap opera entertaining.

Doofus tweeted:

The Mods at the Serotta forum suck. One of them posts CM are dopers rumors. I try to post in reponse, get blocked.
I post using a shared account. That post gets deleted. Hey guys -- censoring someone who says "there's no proof" doesn't make rumors true.

oldguy00
11-30-2010, 08:06 PM
don't knock the doof......he's my favourite "I know everything about cycling and train like an animal, but I still get dropped in Cat4" dudes....

;)

BumbleBeeDave
11-30-2010, 08:10 PM
. . . what are "CM?"

Second, I have yet to see a fellow moderator simply delete a post. I just don't get the vibes that any one of my fellow mods would do that without posting some notice in the Double-Secret Moderators Cabal Section.

Third, isn't that "tweet" more than 140 characters?

BBD

Lifelover
11-30-2010, 08:18 PM
. . . what are "CM?"

Second, I have yet to see a fellow moderator simply delete a post. I just don't get the vibes that any one of my fellow mods would do that without posting some notice in the Double-Secret Moderators Cabal Section.

BBD

forth, who in the hell is following doofus' tweets?

LegendRider
11-30-2010, 08:20 PM
. . . what are "CM?"

BBD

CM is Carolina Masters. And, I combined two tweets.

regularguy412
11-30-2010, 08:48 PM
don't knock the doof......he's my favourite "I know everything about cycling and train like an animal, but I still get dropped in Cat4" dudes....

;)

HEY ! I _KNOW_ that guy! I think he is about 21 years old and lives around here. Talks a good game, but you never see him after mile 16.

:D

Mike in AR:beer:

TheDon
11-30-2010, 08:57 PM
I sincerely hope that you are just an immature juvenile. You have broken the law with your defamatory remarks and unfounded allegations. Everything that you have posted in reference to the Carolina Masters (specifically John P. and Charlie B.) are nothing but outright lies and character assassinations.

You do understand that breaking the law does not allow you to remain invisible behind the veil of the internet .....don't you?

Don't be surprised to find a lawsuit waiting for you before Christmas. Your post and all of your other cronies remarks have been saved. Deleting your post will have no effect. You have already committed the crime.

The Don

BumbleBeeDave
11-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Talk about hiding behind the veil of the Internet? I believe threats like this are prohibited by the forum user agreement. Which is worse, idle gossip or active threats?

BBD

I sincerely hope that you are just an immature juvenile. You have broken the law with your defamatory remarks and unfounded allegations. Everything that you have posted in reference to the Carolina Masters (specifically John P. and Charlie B.) are nothing but outright lies and character assassinations.

You do understand that breaking the law does not allow you to remain invisible behind the veil of the internet .....don't you?

Don't be surprised to find a lawsuit waiting for you before Christmas. Your post and all of your other cronies remarks have been saved. Deleting your post will have no effect. You have already committed the crime.

The Don

BumbleBeeDave
11-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Talks a good game, but you never see him after mile 16.

:D

Mike in AR:beer:

Don't talk about me like that! :no: :D

BBD

doofus 2.0
11-30-2010, 09:31 PM
A number of things:

Spoke's comments are rumors that have no public, published proof. The only public, published evidece regarding Carolina Masters riders are their negative tests from the Crossroads classic crits -- where they were all tested, they all came up clean, and they dominated. Draw your own conclusions.

Did CM win a lot of races this year? Yes. Take four of the top 12 or 15 riders in the region, put them all on the same team, give them a host of supporting riders that could, if given the freedom, finish in the top 10 themselves, have them ride as an organized unit, and you'll get wins. The rumors that have been presented as fact on this board are without verifiable grounds, and are just taking guys' names through the mud. That's not cool.

In the first two races of the year, I finished 8th, each time at the tail end of the winning break. There were Carolina Masters riders in those breaks, and they didn't simply ride away from the rest of us. I spent most of the early season on the front along with a couple of guys from CM, after the deciding breaks had formed and our teammates had made them. I didn't see any doped-up supermen.

My teammates contested end-of-race sprints with thosthe guys Spoke accuses of doping, one of them beating all the CM "big three" on a summit finish, another beating a CM rider in the TT at Nats. That's pretty far from those guys being unbeatable every weekend.

Yes, I made that tweet after a post under "Cowgirl" -- that I signed and provided my e-mail address on -- was deleted. I understand why a "Cowgirl" post would be modded out, but at the same time I had hoped that the substance of the post (which was similar to this one) would have merited that it be kept up.

Regarding my race results, you can see them here. http://www.usacycling.org/results/index.php?compid=109241. One DNF was due to a mechannical, the others came from after spending large amounts of time on the front chasing back breaks and shutting down bridge attempts. My teammates were up the road in the winning break, my work was done, I was cooked. Do a little digging and you'll see two of my teammates won a fair number of races this year -- we race as a team, and my role was to sacrifice for them. As for my lowly one win, bear in mind that it was a summit finish and I passed the 9th place 3 guy -- whose field had a five-minute head start --just before the finish. If you check the 321 TT results, you'll also find I turned the 2nd fastest 40k TT for a 40-44 in the state of SC last year, :30 down on the state champ. I'm no stud. But disparaging my comments on the basis of my results isn't going to hold up too well.

Let rumors rest. If there are USADA sanctions in the Carolinas, then those riders will have some **** to eat and some hell to pay, no doubt about it. But until there's some published proof, it is irresponsible to go around staining guys' names.

gdw
11-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Yo Don,
Welcome to the forum. :rolleyes:

BumbleBeeDave
11-30-2010, 09:44 PM
. . . and bet a sawbuck that anybody in the Raleigh area who knows these guys SPOKE allegedly is defaming already knows about these rumors and that SPOKE's posts only repeat what the vast majority in the local cycling racing community are already aware of. Hence, no defamation has taken place.*

As for Doofus, welcome back, dude, if that's really you. :rolleyes:

BBD

*--The above statement does NOT constitute legal advice to SPOKE or any other person, living or dead. I am not a lawyer nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn last night. :D

54ny77
11-30-2010, 09:45 PM
wow, who knew such hotbed of things going on in north carolina? i thought it was all about furniture or something. :banana:

TheDon
11-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Defamation is seriously punished – In Wagner v. Miskin (2003 ND 69), the court accepted local jurisdiction against an out-of-state web site owner. The defendant as changed with complaint sought damages for libel, slander, and for damages from reproducing her privileged communications (e-mails). The court judged against the libeler, granting extensive punitive damages to the tune of $3,000,000.00.

Anonymity is an illusion – With a “John Doe” subpoena you can quickly get the real identity of anonymous publishers, even on Google-based portals such as “Google Groups” and www.blogspot.com. All you need is the date-time stamp and the IP address. The courts are now very willing to force ISP’s to reveal the identity behind an IP address, even on non-criminal civil complaints.

You are responsible for your own words – Whenever you enter a message board, chat room or blog, you become a worldwide publisher and are subjected to the same laws as any other international journalist. You might also be responsible for the words of others. Under certain circumstances you can be held responsible for re-publishing a defamatory work and inciting defamation:

BumbleBeeDave
11-30-2010, 10:06 PM
When things dwindle to threats the thread has obviously run it's course. :no:

BBD

Pete Serotta
12-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Value of this thread?

Uncle Jam's Army
12-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Hey Don,

I am a lawyer. Unless you are one of the individuals who is named in the allegedly libelous statements, you have no legal claim for relief. If you are one of the individuals, and you want to sue poor Spoke, a lawyer will charge you tens of thousands of dollars, make you no promises of your chances of success, and, even if you do win at trial, no promises that you will actually be able to enforce any judgment.

Are you sure you really want to do that over statements made on a BICYCLING forum? I mean, this isn't being rebroadcast in say, the Washington Post now, is it?

Defamation is seriously punished – In Wagner v. Miskin (2003 ND 69), the court accepted local jurisdiction against an out-of-state web site owner. The defendant as changed with complaint sought damages for libel, slander, and for damages from reproducing her privileged communications (e-mails). The court judged against the libeler, granting extensive punitive damages to the tune of $3,000,000.00.

Anonymity is an illusion – With a “John Doe” subpoena you can quickly get the real identity of anonymous publishers, even on Google-based portals such as “Google Groups” and www.blogspot.com. All you need is the date-time stamp and the IP address. The courts are now very willing to force ISP’s to reveal the identity behind an IP address, even on non-criminal civil complaints.

You are responsible for your own words – Whenever you enter a message board, chat room or blog, you become a worldwide publisher and are subjected to the same laws as any other international journalist. You might also be responsible for the words of others. Under certain circumstances you can be held responsible for re-publishing a defamatory work and inciting defamation:

Charles M
12-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Poo aside,

The question remains.

Why did three low-mid level guys get tested. what prompted that.

doofus 2.0
12-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Poo aside,

The question remains.

USADA was in town for the Presby Crit.

They tested everyone in the top 10 and some randoms from the P12 and 35+ the day before Presby.

54ny77
12-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Someone had an erection lasting more than 4 hours.

Poo aside,

The question remains.

Smiley
12-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Someone had an erection lasting more than 4 hours.

NOW THAT IS REALLY FUNNY :banana:

Chris
12-02-2010, 02:49 PM

Chris
12-02-2010, 02:51 PM

Lifelover
12-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Value of this thread?

Yes. Now I know who cowgirl really was!

rugbysecondrow
12-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Maybe I don't understand, but why is this important enough to have two threads running? Seems like a lot of BS to me with some dead horse kicking mixed in just for good measure.

BumbleBeeDave
12-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Maybe I don't understand, but why is this important enough to have two threads running? Seems like a lot of BS to me with some dead horse kicking mixed in just for good measure.

Did I REALLY just say that?!? :)

BBD

rugbysecondrow
12-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Did I REALLY just say that?!? :)

BBD

BBD, can you feel the love? I know I can. :beer: Must be that I just had a good kettebell workout, feel'n pretty good. :banana:

54ny77
12-02-2010, 05:12 PM
is this about usada or usda? oh silly me, it's masters, i must be going senile...where am i again?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/95/274265603_421d7989b9.jpg

Smiley
12-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Hey is that Kobe beef or steriod fed beef

54ny77
12-02-2010, 05:23 PM
It's rebadged Spanish beef. Chock full of venga! venga! venga!

Hey is that Kobe beef or steriod fed beef

doofus 2.0
12-02-2010, 06:53 PM

Thanks, Chris.

I felt geeky writing that paragraph, but after having read some posts where folks whom I've never met, talked to, raced with, or ridden with kind of piled up about how I wasn't worth listening to...well...I thought to post that link and write that stuff.

I got all riled up because this stuff has been bubbling in NC/SC for a while now, and some people were using the comments section of my blog to stir the pot -- as well as some other internet forums.

I'm not pals with CM, and I'm not on their team -- but the whole witch hunt rumor mill thing rubs me the wrong way. It's just not the right way to do things, you know?

Chris
12-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks, Chris.

I felt geeky writing that paragraph, but after having read some posts where folks whom I've never met, talked to, raced with, or ridden with kind of piled up about how I wasn't worth listening to...well...I thought to post that link and write that stuff.

I got all riled up because this stuff has been bubbling in NC/SC for a while now, and some people were using the comments section of my blog to stir the pot -- as well as some other internet forums.

I'm not pals with CM, and I'm not on their team -- but the whole witch hunt rumor mill thing rubs me the wrong way. It's just not the right way to do things, you know?

No problem. I'm sorry I wrote anything in the first place. Not my fight. Not my business. You certainly didn't deserve that.

54ny77
12-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Hugs, not drugs. :hello:

Chris
12-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Hugs, not drugs. :hello:

Are you following me?

54ny77
12-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Don't accuse me of following or I'm going to have my lawyer contact you immediately.

http://blog.commandomarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/yp047.jpg

:banana:

Are you following me?